PDA

View Full Version : Using Satnav whilst radio is on

Dmo238
24-05-2013, 08:50 PM
I don't usually use Satnav but it comes as standard on the GT. I used it for the first time yesterday, and turned it on when the radio was already on (I searched for a postcode whilst red at the lights). It worked ok but is there anyway for the radio to reduce in volume or briefly mute whilst the directions are being given by the Satnav? I pressed the reduce volume button on the steering wheel but both the volume of the Satnav and the radio reduced? Anyone share any advice? I've tried to look it up in the manual but its not very clear. Thanks in advance.

algarve
24-05-2013, 09:57 PM
I came across a variable setting today through the infotainment access to ' strongly ' reduce volume as opposed to 'medium'
reduce volume for interruptions.

Pretty sure this was for Sat Nav and not for incoming phone.
Although I set it for ' strong' reduction I didn't try it .
Will see tomorrow if it works for Sat Nav.

Pommyboi
24-05-2013, 11:08 PM
From what I remember the radio and the satnav are different volumes (you can see them in the more detailed settings menus), when the satnav gives directions you can use the volume button on the steering wheel, when it is not speaking you change the radio volume. It shows which sound is being adjusted on the driver display.

lozzer
25-05-2013, 11:48 AM
You can replay the last sat nav instruction by pressing the right hand button.

While the instruction is playing you can adjust the navigation volume by turning the same button.

Dmo238
27-05-2013, 07:59 PM
You can replay the last sat nav instruction by pressing the right hand button.

While the instruction is playing you can adjust the navigation volume by turning the same button.

Thanks for all the responses - a trip down to Weymouth from the Midlands was co-ordinated clearly with the satnav and radio on! I also found that the voice control button mutes the radio but leaves the Satnav directions on.

Quick question Lozzer - which right hand button are you referring to? I tried various buttons on the steering wheel and none seemed to repeat the last instruction.

lozzer
27-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Sorry, not clear. I meant the right hand knob on the infotainment system.