PDA

View Full Version : Price increased already?

HHGTTG
24-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I have been back to the VW configurator again and gone through it with a 1.4 SE adding the few things that I want but try as I may, I cannot get to the same final price as before; there seems to be an increase of exactly £300.
Even an old configuration that I can retrieve shows the total to be £21,585 but when I open it to view/edit the price shows £21,885 which is what I now get when I start from scratch. I suppose the basic price could have been increased as the add-ons I am sure seem to be the same prices.

Guest 2
24-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Never rely on the configurator, they're never accurate.

Best best would go and see VW themselves.

HHGTTG
24-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Never rely on the configurator, they're never accurate.

Best best would go and see VW themselves.

Well I think that the basic price has increased by over £200 and there are small amount added here and there to the accessories. By the time I order mine later this year or next or if ever it will be bound to have increased.

mcmaddy
24-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Price increase across the mk7 range on 1st may this year. Some basic prices went and some options went up.

steve67
24-05-2013, 06:20 PM
1% price rise as of 1st may, vw currently offering £500 off if you take out finance

HHGTTG
24-05-2013, 07:13 PM
1% price rise as of 1st may, vw currently offering £500 off if you take out finance

And we people who wish to pay cash? Well perhaps by the end of the year/2014 they might be prepared to discount the car somewhat. It's all swings and rounabout as, with myself, it's the price to exchange which is important. Anyway I am already considering downsizing, perhaps to a 1.2TSI SE Audi A1, which from sitting in it seems a very nice car. Again, however, there are long deliver times for this particular model.

steve67
24-05-2013, 07:19 PM
And we people who wish to pay cash? Well perhaps by the end of the year/2014 they might be prepared to discount the car somewhat. It's all swings and rounabout as, with myself, it's the price to exchange which is important. Anyway I am already considering downsizing, perhaps to a 1.2TSI SE Audi A1, which from sitting in it seems a very nice car. Again, however, there are long deliver times for this particular model.

i'm test driving the A1 this weekend ....we'll see how it performs.

HHGTTG
24-05-2013, 09:15 PM
i'm test driving the A1 this weekend ....we'll see how it performs.

Excellent. Perhaps you could post back your findings here. I would restrict myself to the SE really only to ensure the best of rides, as reportedly, the higher you go up the range, the firmer/harsher the ride, although you can specify 'Dynamic Suspension' on the Sport model at no cost but then you get sport seats and lower profile tyres etc. Not what I want.

Can you enquire as to delivery times as I believe they are not too good especially for the SE models.

a8toa6convert
24-05-2013, 11:43 PM
And we people who wish to pay cash? Well perhaps by the end of the year/2014 they might be prepared to discount the car somewhat. Discounts of about 11% are already available, even if you don't take the finance. I got nearly £3.5k off my 1.4 ACT GT with options from drivethedeal.

neilmcl
25-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Discounts of about 11% are already available, even if you don't take the finance. I got nearly £3.5k off my 1.4 ACT GT with options from drivethedeal.How recent was that? I'm thinking of using DTD myself pretty soon.

a8toa6convert
26-05-2013, 06:47 AM
Neil - that's current. Just check the website !

neilmcl
26-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Neil - that's current. Just check the website !I take it you went for a finance deal, as I only see around £3-3.3K including the £500 discount for finance. Still good though. :D

maisbitt
26-05-2013, 02:20 PM

Let us know how it goes, as the missus has set her heart on an A1 when i'm made redundant and she'll have to make her own way to work most likely (we currently only have the one car and her workplace is a convenient drop off and pick-up on the way to mine. Our work hours are compatible to do that too. Same situation in new job is unlikely).

She wants an A1 S-line or maybe black edition in 2.0TDI or 1.6TDI. 1.4TSI cylinder on demand (2cyl deactivation as in Polo GT I presume?) was favoured option if you didn't have to get an S-tronic box. :mad:

a8toa6convert
26-05-2013, 09:10 PM
I take it you went for a finance deal, as I only see around £3-3.3K including the £500 discount for finance. Still good though. :D Didn't take finance, but I specced quite a few options and got discount on those (probably higher % discount than on the basic car actually).