PDA

View Full Version : My new Audi A3 Sportback

james_tiger_woo
24-05-2013, 03:09 PM
My new A3 has arrived!

There's no MMI cable which is a nuisance, but I can manage without for now :)

The Golf is dead, long live the A3 !

Guest 2
24-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Ohhh yes very nice indeed.

Dealer should've supplied the AMI cables FOC during handover, but not sure how this works when the car is leased.

Who has the Golf? Leasing company?

james_tiger_woo
24-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks

And there was a cable shortage so it's on the way. Apparently.

The Golf is being bought by someone on the Golf forum.

onemanparty
30-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Very nice. I just picked up my New A3 Sportback 1.8t Stronic Sline love it wish it was as fast as my old S3 :D

james_tiger_woo
30-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Very nice. I just picked up my New A3 Sportback 1.8t Stronic Sline love it wish it was as fast as my old S3 :D

Cough cough remap ;)

onemanparty
30-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Oh no I will order an S3 Saloon when it's available to order

james_tiger_woo
30-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Oh no I will order an S3 Saloon when it's available to order

Now that would be cool :)

HHGTTG
03-06-2014, 03:28 PM
My new A3 has arrived!

There's no MMI cable which is a nuisance, but I can manage without for now :)

The Golf is dead, long live the A3 !

You're a turncoat aren't you defecting to this badge? Did you not like the Golf MK7 which is cheaper and offers more bang for buck or like me have you been put off by all the negative comments about that car's niggling faults?

james_tiger_woo
03-06-2014, 10:41 PM
You're a turncoat aren't you defecting to this badge? Did you not like the Golf MK7 which is cheaper and offers more bang for buck or like me have you been put off by all the negative comments about that car's niggling faults?

Ha ha :)

I really wanted to like the Mk7, but I just didn't, it did nothing for me at all - I don't like it's looks and the interior was horrendously bland. The Mk6 is a far nicer car and, to be honest, I miss my Mk6 a LOT.

That said, my A3 is far from perfect and it has a list of things to be resolved when it gets serviced.

Even if it was perfect, I wouldn't have another Audi - the dealership network is too widely spread out for my liking and I miss that personal touch that you get with your local VW dealer.

HHGTTG
03-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Ha ha :)

I really wanted to like the Mk7, but I just didn't, it did nothing for me at all - I don't like it's looks and the interior was horrendously bland. The Mk6 is a far nicer car and, to be honest, I miss my Mk6 a LOT.

That said, my A3 is far from perfect and it has a list of things to be resolved when it gets serviced.

Even if it was perfect, I wouldn't have another Audi - the dealership network is too widely spread out for my liking and I miss that personal touch that you get with your local VW dealer.

What sort of problems need resolving then?

james_tiger_woo
03-06-2014, 11:25 PM
What sort of problems need resolving then?

Creaking MMI
Creaking suspension
Rear window seal has gone
New: The chrome stuff is coming away from the gearstick

cowcatcher
07-06-2014, 06:36 PM
My A3 sb is leased through Alphabet and I got 2 MMI cables (Apple and USB) free from the dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk