PDA

View Full Version : A-6 /Wet floor

consultm2
29-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi All,

The passenger side floor (front and rear) of my 2006 A 6 was soaking wet during a road trip this past weekend. A call to the dealer from the road, suggested a blocked evaporation line. They said come in to get the line unclogged and drained.

They claim (as does A of A) that this is not a covered warranty repair.

Does anyone have experience with Audi, their dealer or this problem? Since I didn't cause the problem and it seems to be a design defect, shouldn't Audi cover the repair costs?

Audi does not recommend checking evaporation lines; it's not a part of the regular maintenance nor is it something that I would be aware of unless the water started coming into my car.

In all my years of car driving and vehicle ownership, I have never encountered a problem like this. Can any of you offer thoughts or advice?

Thanks!

Niall76
30-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Soory I can't help you but my thoughts are the same as yours.

My remote central locking stopped working. In sourcing the problem it was discovered that water has got in through the same way as you describe and damaged the control unit in the floor.

I completely agree that this is a design fault and should be a repair covered by Audi.

What's the likelyhood of that happening? It's more likely that I'll win the lotto - in which case I wouldn't buy another Audi. It's a very poor show from them considering how many people have been affected by this problem which is caused by their design and not ourselves...........

TEETAG
01-09-2007, 03:12 PM
my had the same problem ,however the local garage suggested it was a leak pipe from the colling ssystem and got it changed,it did the job for me however it could be a different situation

cully
18-10-2007, 09:01 PM
I have recently had the same problem the cause was a blocked drain plug located under the battery after heavy rain this created a flood of water whos only means of getting out of the channel was to come through the pollen filter and fan. This resulted in a cost of £360 as it damaged the convenience unit on the passenger side.I am pursuing costs for the repair as I as many others do think it is a design problem. Will keep you posted on my success.

paul b
18-10-2007, 09:24 PM
I heard from a friend there was a recall and some pre 2003 A6's. Mine is a 53 plate, so touch wood I won't get a problem, but Audi had supposedly sorted it out for Sept 2003 cars onwards. I am amazed they still have not sorted it on a 2006 model!!!
Paul

farrah1227
24-10-2007, 10:40 AM
I too have had this problem 54 A6 SE 2.4 thus costing £360 for a light relay unit.
Now my parking aid is flashing as a malfunction. Took it in but would not respond to diagnostic connection. What next? Thinking of getting shot only had it for 2 months.

michelle
:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4: