PDA

View Full Version : Question Phaeton LED Tail-Lights intermittent fault.

DresdenDiesel
19-05-2013, 04:27 PM
I am experiencing a spooky Phaeton Phenomenon with the LED taillights on my 2007 3.0 TDi.

The yellow "failed bulb" warning light comes up on the dash + a "Please Check Lights" message as soon as the ignition is switched on, even if the headlight switch is in the fully off position.

This sometimes doesn't happen at all, but if it does, it stays on until the ignition is switched off again.

If the warning light on the dash is lit, then of the four tail-light clusters, only two are illuminated.

The two that don't light up are the nearside inboard cluster (on bootlid) and offside outboard cluster (in rear wing).

At least it means I always have a red tail light on both sides of the car!

Would welcome any thoughts and ideas as to what's causing this, and how to cure.

Guest 2
19-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Sounds like one of the boards has failed.

A scan with vcds would show the fault.

There could also be corrosion on the bulb holder hence the random warnings.

Best bet is to remove them and have a look.

Are your reverse and fog lights led or normal bulbs?

DresdenDiesel
19-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks A6 Chris - not sure if the other lights are LED or not, but thanks for your thoughts.

dpmart
14-06-2015, 11:52 PM

DresdenDiesel
18-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Yes, the fault related to wiring failure inside the tube that carries all of the wiring into the bootlid. This braided conduit slides in & out of the bootlid as it opens and closes.

Diagnosis and rectification was carried out by a reputable bodyshop that had previously done an insurance approved repair on a different area of my car.

They charged me around £75 for the job, which I thought was great value!

dpmart
04-07-2015, 02:22 AM