PDA

View Full Version : Cant open petrol filler cap

andyha2000
29-08-2007, 03:13 PM
I have a 1997 1.6 se passat and recently I've been having a few problems with the electrics (suspect CCM) but my fuel filler cap won't release on the button

Is there a way of manually opening the flap without having to force it open?

Would be grateful for any help

stonedagain
29-08-2007, 07:37 PM
If you open the boot & remove the trim on the rh side, you will see the actuator next to the wheelarch. you should be able to move the rod by hand to release the flap.

andyha2000
29-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Thank you for that, worked a treat. Would you know if it is linked to the ccm or is it an isolated problem with that switch.

Thanks again for your help.

andyha2000
03-09-2007, 04:31 PM
The petrol cap fault was the ccm if anyone is interested.

I rewired the CCM this weekend and also made good a lot of poor connections in the footwell and in the door pillar.

All is now working fine.

Gtiracer
28-02-2008, 12:55 PM
hi could you explain what the ccm is and where i can find it, my petrol cap works but occasionally it takes a few tries

andyha2000
28-02-2008, 04:30 PM
The CCM is the convienience control module which is located in the passenger footwell under the carpet(it controls the electric windows, central locking, filler cap etc). A common fault in these is that they get wet. The wiring loom that runs underneath the pasenger door carpet trim was affected by water in mine and a lot of the connections had oxidised and some had even broken off. But once I'd cleaned and repaired connections and generally dried it out everything worked fine.

Robin K-S
05-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi I know this thread is old, but is the ccm easy to get to and sort out. My auto electrics are not that good, but if its just a case of a bit of cleaning & resoldering, then I may have a go. Ours got flooded due to the drain holes under the battery becoming blocked & now a couple of months down the line we can't open the petrol cap.

Gtiracer
05-06-2009, 02:30 PM
thanks for the reply, i got the email but i dont own my npassat anymore im afraid, it got sold as an MOT failure for too many reasons. got 550 for it

andyha2000
05-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi,

Yes it is easy to get to, you just need to remove the door sill trim and lift the carpet. The biggest problem will probably be drying the carpet !!

Also check the wiring loom that runs along the door sill for broken/corroded joints, this is where most of my problems were.