PDA

View Full Version : New Polo engine cover

chapinspain
29-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi

I purchased a brand new 1.4 TDI 70cv about 3 weeks ago. No problems, but I have a question.

In the owners manual all the TDI engines are shown with the engine covers with the VW badge and "TDI". The cover also dampens engine noise. Mine was registered in June 2007 and does not have the cover. Spoke to the VW dealer and he says they stopped suplying them a few months ago. Is this true?

Thanks

Mel2
28-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi, I have exactly the same question about the engine cover - just bought a polo 1.2 - 07 model. Did you ever find out the answer? Or can anyone else advise?
Many thanks Mel

chapinspain
31-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi Mel

Well it seems that VW stick on engine covers when and if they feel like it. So some come with and some without.

My Polo is a 1.4 Diesel and being a 3 cylinder, it is quite loud.
I don't think they omit the covers on higher models. All seems a bit strange.

Orla B
03-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Hi

I just bought a 2002 1.2 polo and it need a service, i want to change the spark plugs but the only problen is i cannot open the engine cover. Does any1 know how to open it??

jimcornwall
27-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Reply to Orla B.....
Depending on what engine type you have you may have to disconnect the inlet hose but basically the cover is fitted onto rubber grommets so you just have to pull it off watching out for any pipes/cables that may be coonected underneath.

Good Luck:Blush: