PDA

View Full Version : MMI NAVI PLUS no online

Rokas
16-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Hello,

I'm a lithuanian guy who has just obtained new Audi A6 C7 2.0tdi multi. Have opted for MMI Navigation plus with multi touch and a bluetooth connection, but no audi online phone hence no google maps. I did it intentionally. In Lithuanian market we have different packs. No tech pack high or some like that.
Good thing is that iphone works fine and I dont get any problems with the need of getting a phone with rSAP support to stream data and use a bluetooth phone at the same time, if I had a online phone option.

But I had an idea: would it be possible to change something with VCDS or any other way in oder to activate the data streaming from a rSAP phone connected via bluetooth. Now when I try to connect a Samsung galaxy S2 phone the only option during the pairing process I get is: "hands free".

To put it simple, can the google maps feature be activated/installed ? Since I dont see any need in upgrading cars hardware.

Hope I made myself clear.

Looking forward for any answers.

Rokas
22-05-2013, 04:13 PM

I dont get why do I get this message. I don't have any place where to "insert SIM card". When I choose "Bluetooth menu" nothing happens since there is no "connections" line or anything like that. It's a puzzle :)

Rokas
22-05-2013, 04:41 PM
I think this is what I'm missing inside:

"....Mobile telephone preparation high with Audi connect – Audi connect provides access to a number of innovative online services via an internal UMTS (3G) module."

Wuffles
22-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Sounds like it probably would work with an rSAP phone, the workaround for some is to insert a SIM, which you don't have the option for, but try someone else's rSAP compatible phone and see if that works.

retired99
22-05-2013, 04:49 PM
As Rokas. It looks as thought you are trying to set up the wi fi (wlan) so other devices can connect using wifi to the car and thereby access the internet. This feature requires the mobile phone prep high option as well as MMI Plus.

Phone prep high gives you Audi Connect features; suggest you visit an Audi web site for a proper explanation.

Whippy53
22-05-2013, 04:49 PM
I think this is what I'm missing inside:

"....Mobile telephone preparation high with Audi connect – Audi connect provides access to a number of innovative online services via an internal UMTS (3G) module."

Killer spec!

Wuffles
22-05-2013, 04:57 PM
I think he's managed to enable it via VCDS but didn't know what he'd enabled - although that looks like the way he was intending the fiddle to work. Try an rSAP phone and see if it works. Would be funny if it did given you didn't pay for it.

Rokas
22-05-2013, 05:13 PM

Here are some pic, couple weeks old still from dealer's place:

Rokas
22-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I think he's managed to enable it via VCDS but didn't know what he'd enabled - although that looks like the way he was intending the fiddle to work. Try an rSAP phone and see if it works. Would be funny if it did given you didn't pay for it.

Did not do anything concerning "the online" via VCDS.

As I wrote in my OP, have tried a rSAP phone - nothing.

Wuffles
22-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Well, you had said "But I had an idea: would it be possible to change something with VCDS or any other way in oder to activate the data streaming from a rSAP phone connected via bluetooth." and you own VCDS so I figured you'd done exactly what you'd suggested.