PDA

View Full Version : Lost key!

iamdarren
16-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Someone has lost an Audi key in the office I have an a4 and know its not for an a4. But I know how expensive they are. Is there a way to identify this key. The reg or Vin from just the key. I want to return it to them. Its not oval shaped but one side is longer than the other. Don't want them to have to pay out 300-400 for a new key.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

NickPicks
16-05-2013, 02:23 PM
I doubt very much that even if Audi could ID the car, they would only give you that info if you could provide proof that you're the owner. (Car dealerships usually want to see a licence and V5 before they'll give you a radio code)

I'd send an email to the whole office, and to any recent visitors to tell them that a key has been found. (well, actually I'd ask the receptionist to.)

zollaf
16-05-2013, 02:27 PM
also walk around the car park pressing the unlock button. the car that flashes its indicators and beeps at you owns this key.

Eshrules
16-05-2013, 02:31 PM
also walk around the car park pressing the unlock button. the car that flashes its indicators and beeps at you owns this key.

Ensuring you hold the remote to your head to increase it's effective range.

zollaf
16-05-2013, 02:33 PM
that would make him look rather stupid. his co workers would think he is pretending to be a car and have him committed.

now, if you do find the car, move it across the car park just to confuse the owner.