PDA

View Full Version : Audi Complete + Tyres Servicing Pack

EvilPostIt
13-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Have been offered the 3 year Audi Complete Servicing Pack including tyres at a very reasonable price, has anyone seen terms and conditions with regard to when the tyres wont be replaced? I have already been told that a puncture wont be replaced but once worn they will be. Considering this will pay for itself with 1 full set of tyres this seems great but wondering about any gotchas?

johnsimcox
13-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Have been offered the 3 year Audi Complete Servicing Pack including tyres at a very reasonable price, has anyone seen terms and conditions with regard to when the tyres wont be replaced? I have already been told that a puncture wont be replaced but once worn they will be. Considering this will pay for itself with 1 full set of tyres this seems great but wondering about any gotchas?
Depends a bit on how many miles they are covering you for over the 3 years. On my previous 2.0TDie A6 over the 3 Years/36000 miles I had the car I only replaced the front tyres and had one service so would probably have been out of pocket on a deal such as this. Also my experience is that Audi charge more than someone like Event Tyres for tyres so worth checking that you are really comparing like with like.

EvilPostIt
13-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Depends a bit on how many miles they are covering you for over the 3 years. On my previous 2.0TDie A6 over the 3 Years/36000 miles I had the car I only replaced the front tyres and had one service so would probably have been out of pocket on a deal such as this. Also my experience is that Audi charge more than someone like Event Tyres for tyres so worth checking that you are really comparing like with like.

Due to the mileage I will be doing, it will be set to annual servicing so it will cover a minimum of 3 services and I would be surprised if I didnt get through at least 1 full set of tyres. Especially considering its the BiTDI Black Edition which, from my experience from a 335d, will eat tyres whole due to the torque! Also maintenance is covered too so brake pads (Although I know they generally dont get changed for about 45k mile so probably wont need replacing), bulbs wipers etc. This at a total cost of £1000 for 3 years...

Guest 2
13-05-2013, 04:52 PM
So you're telling me this - I could spin the life out of the tyres, get them smoking and they would replace them when they're done?

Given a set of Premium 19s are £1000+, this would be a massive saving if its £1000 for 3 years?

Bound to be a catch somewhere!

EvilPostIt
13-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Yep, that seems to be the case. This is why I'm asking if anyone has seen any t's+c's. The new a6 brochure has this written into it.

"Audi Complete is simply a way to look after the servicing and maintenance costs for your Audi in a single package. You pay a one-off or monthly fee and we'll cover all your servicing, maintenance and tyres for the next three years including your first MOT.
It means you only have to pay for fuel, insurance and your Road Fund Licence. So you can be reassured that your car will be maintained by trained Audi Technicians, using genuine Audi parts."

The only limitation seems to be the fact that its limited to 3 years / 30,000 miles but as you say a set of 19's will set you back about £1000 let alone the 20's you get with the black edition.

I too share you scepticism, thus the post to see if anyone else sees the "catch". I even went to the extent of asking if premium tyres would be used and his response was "as far as I'm aware it the same as what comes with the car"... Even midrange tyres like falkens are £170 at the cheapest place I can find!

retired99
13-05-2013, 07:37 PM
I wonder when they'll agree a tyre needs replacing? Wet grip is much reduced by 3mm of tread so I tend to replace them around that mark. Legal limits is 1.5mm(?), by then wet road grip is dreadful. I fit winter tyres every year, wonder how they deal with that?r

The brochure says:

*Retail customers only. Pricing based on
3 years/30,000 miles (whichever occurs
sooner). All pricing is a 'starting from'
price for the Audi A6 model range and is
therefore subject to change and mileage/
model dependent.

So the price could increase because it's the most powerful model not the least and because the mileage could be higher.

Seems you would need a quote tailored to the particular model ( and maybe the wheel size?) and the anticipated mileage.

EvilPostIt
13-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Found a link to more specific guidelines.

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/RestOfSite/OwnersArea/AudiComplete/Audi_Complete_terms_and_conditions.pdf

Seems to says they are replaced at 2mm.

EvilPostIt
13-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Also already have a quote as per my previous posts. Ie circa £1000 for the 3 years...

EvilPostIt
13-05-2013, 08:17 PM
The doc seems to state fair wear and tear which apparently means it could be checked against other similar models in their fleet. As I'm not exactly going to start doing doughnuts at the local tesco car park, I may through it into a few corners but nothing to drastic so I can't see why this shouldn't come under fair wear and tear. I would also expect to go through at least 1 full set of tyres in 30,000 miles.

boom1
13-05-2013, 08:59 PM
I currently have the Complete + tyres on my A4 (2.0TFSI Quattro), and until recently was doing about 18k miles a year, and would have to say that I've definately had my moneys worth.
Currently going through a set of 4 tyres in about 12k, plus had new set of front pads at 32k. Repairable punctures are covered. Tyres or punctures can be done at an Audi garage or any National tyres. I always go to National as they give me Conti's, whereas, Audi only ever offer offer the Dunlop's which I didn't really rate.
The plan will allow tyre changes at anything below 3mm (at Audi finance discretion, but I'm on my 4th set and always been changed without issue between 2-3mm)
I won't be renewing through as I have a set of my own winter tyres and am planning on keeping the car for a while so will be going fixed interval/indie servicing.
Until recently the Audi Complete also included a 5 year warranty (still says so on some dealers sites) but was dropped about 2-3 months ago.

EvilPostIt
13-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Were there ever any questions from Audi when changing tyres or were they just replaced?

boom1
14-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Were there ever any questions from Audi when changing tyres or were they just replaced?
No questions to me. I just keep an eye on the tread depths and when they reach 3mm I call in my local National tyres. They do have to get authourisation off Audi finance but never had any issues.

Marwil
15-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Also already have a quote as per my previous posts. Ie circa £1000 for the 3 years...

I would snap their hand off at that price, you'll make that back several times over.

The tailored quote for my 3.0 tdi 245 Quattro black edition based on 15k per year was £62 p/m with "absolutely no ability from Audi UK for negotiation". That's more than 2x your price, you might have been misquoted so I sign right up!

Bloater
15-05-2013, 06:00 PM
I've never had a problem with these packages. I had one on my Passat Sport and ate front tyres at 7000miles for the fronts. Had four sets on there, as well as two lots of brakes, work in Milton Keynes so roundabouts, hence hard wear. Never kicked up a fuss, just replaced them always at about 2mm left.

HTH

MarkTM
16-05-2013, 05:15 PM
So the logic seems to be, get a BiT, sign up for the deal...and then for a few track days!! :biglaugh:

EvilPostIt
21-05-2013, 02:48 PM
I would snap their hand off at that price, you'll make that back several times over.

The tailored quote for my 3.0 tdi 245 Quattro black edition based on 15k per year was £62 p/m with "absolutely no ability from Audi UK for negotiation". That's more than 2x your price, you might have been misquoted so I sign right up!

Hand snapped off!!! Picking the car up on Thursday morning. It looks like its mileage based as I saw something on the service form saying 7p per mile, so I would assume that you pay the difference in balance when its serviced if you were to go over... I wonder if you would get a rebate if you were to do less miles!

johnsimcox
21-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Hand snapped off!!! Picking the car up on Thursday morning. It looks like its mileage based as I saw something on the service form saying 7p per mile, so I would assume that you pay the difference in balance when its serviced if you were to go over... I wonder if you would get a rebate if you were to do less miles!
Think you will find the 7p per mile is the cost if you Hand the car back at the end of the term and have exceeded the total contract mileage. The service deal will be for the agreed number of services and the contracted mileage, any services after the agreed mileage and it costs you

Johnny31
05-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Just got a quote from my dealer for this: £44.24 w/o tyres or £60.77 with tyres included for 48 months on a6 avant 245 quattro (13k miles est p/a). Is it worth going for either? If I end up doing less than 10k miles p/a and reverting to the fixed servicing, what are the typical costs within first couple of years (regular services and oil changes)?

EvilPostIt
05-06-2013, 03:38 PM
From what the dealer told me, fixed servicing is every year or 10,000 miles and I saw a post on here the other day which stated the annual service cost was something like £189. So given the fact that £44 per month will be £528 per year this sounds a little expensive in comparison to actual cost. Although £16 per month sounds good for the tyres especially considering to power of the car.

MarkTM
05-06-2013, 03:41 PM
That's less than £800 for the tyre cover over 4yrs, I consider it a great deal with tyres as you'll hopefully get through 2 x full sets...so gives you an idea the price they pay for them :O)

JimC64
05-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Is this a lease or finance agreement?

The reason I'm asking is, what are your intentions after the 3 years?

On paper, if as others say they stand by the terms, it looks to be a fantastic deal and one you should go for.

The reason i'm asking about the end of 3 years is that Audi servicing won't do fuel filters till 40k, air filters / pollen filters probably not included every service either.

If you're just walking away from it fine, if not you might like to consider these as add ons to the service schedule and get them done when its being serviced to keep everything tip top.

Johnny31
05-06-2013, 04:41 PM
So, both deals are service AND maintenance included. So filters, etc. should be all in. I plan to keep the car a bit longer - opted for extended warranty as well (taken on finance)...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

JimC64
05-06-2013, 04:55 PM
So, both deals are service AND maintenance included. So filters, etc. should be all in. I plan to keep the car a bit longer - opted for extended warranty as well (taken on finance)...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Thats my point though.....

If you're keeping it, that is....

As part of the servicing they don't change air filter / fuel filters / pollen filters etc sometimes for 40k miles...........check the service schedules!

The servicing I'm guessing will be a basic oil / filter change and a walk round to check for any other issues needing attention.

If it was me and I was going to keep the car, the filters are something I would perhaps do as an add on to keep things nice n fresh......just a thought, but each to their own.

EvilPostIt
02-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Just an FYI on this tread, 1 service done and the fronts replaced at 11k miles (I think they were priced at about £240 each, so including the service around the £650 mark when i've only spent £330). They didnt replace the rears as they were at 4mm although shouldnt be too long though. They were replaced with Continentals, so not the same as the Pirelli P-Zero's that were originally fitted, im told this is because they buy which ever premiums they can get cheapest.

johnsimcox
02-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Just an FYI on this tread, 1 service done and the fronts replaced at 11k miles (I think they were priced at about £240 each, so including the service around the £650 mark when i've only spent £330). They didnt replace the rears as they were at 4mm although shouldnt be too long though. They were replaced with Continentals, so not the same as the Pirelli P-Zero's that were originally fitted, im told this is because they buy which ever premiums they can get cheapest.
If your fronts are only lasting 11k miles then Audi Complete is going to be very worthwhile. On my 2.0SE with 20k the (Pirelli) fronts are now at about 3-4mm so will be looking to replace them in the not too distant future. This is similar to the wear I got from my 2.0SE C6 so quite likely I will only need to change the fronts once in the time I own the car.

Gmonster
03-03-2015, 12:38 AM
Resurrecting this thread a bit: getting time for me to consider tyre purchases for my 20 inch rotors. What do people think of Avon ZZ5 XL Tyres? They are available at what I think are a very good online price of £148 per corner. I'm not particularly hard on my tyres and wondered if they would do a turn etc. thanks in anticipation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JimC64
03-03-2015, 02:42 AM
I believe that the Avon ZZ5 tyres are really good, seem to get good reviews by some here and also online, great pricing too

Also consider Barum Bravuris 3, a very similar tyre manufactured by Continental in Czech Republic

Gmonster
03-03-2015, 03:35 AM
Cheers for that Jim. Done 21k on the original yoko's and still have a bit o tread left. Will get the depth gauge out and measure. Two fronts will be required at some point soon. So couple of options to have tyre bill around the £300 mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimC64
03-03-2015, 04:29 AM
I have the Barums on my A6 ( This is around my 3rd set now ) and also on my Jaguar XJ Tdvi Sovereign LWB

I've had them fitted to my sons Vauxhall Vectra, my other sons X type and my Aunt's Renault Laguna, I've been so impressed.
There are at least a dozen or so otrher A6 owners here who also have them on theirs and report very favourable results, around £300 for 2 fully fitted from National Tyres

I have as I said also heard many good things about the Avon ZZ5 tyres, so I guess it's down to your personal preference.

New tyre time again (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?162584-New-tyre-time-again)

Good luck whichever way you decide to go my friend....

Johnny31
03-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Take a look at this - best prices around and may help with the decision.:
255/35 R20 97 Y : compare your selection of car tyres - Tyre Leader (http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/compare-car-tyres/?elem[]=260870&elem[]=304406&elem[]=238397&elem[]=66426)

Gmonster
04-03-2015, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Couple of options/sources there too consider. Think this will be an early summer activity. I also need to manage my stress levels for the fitting vendor selection as my 20 inch rotors are pristine; and I fear them getting knicked/scratched in the fitting process.

fest0r
04-03-2015, 12:42 AM
Take an identifiable photo of each corner and also ask them to confirm they are unmarked before they carry out the work. Kwik Fit/National etc. will replace the wheel if you refuse a refurb and force the issue… although they might not fit tyres you bought elsewhere though.

Gmonster
04-03-2015, 12:59 AM
Cheers for tip fest. Had a puncture in the early days. The poor fitter thot I was a nutcase the interview I gave him before he started. He did a pristine job tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimC64
04-03-2015, 01:25 AM
Gmonster - the advice is simple mate

I too pride my alloys, the A6 WAS always immaculate in my care, not so much now the wife drives her daily unfortunately.
The alloys on the Jag though are refurbished around a year or so ago and still immaculate, even through a new set of tyres recently....the advice?

I let the guys know how much I care for my car, how much time and investment I have in her and emphasise how immaculate the alloys are, and that I want them to remain that way.

Usually I befriend the tyre fitter / managers etc and insist in watching them do the work, from around 3 or 4 feet away......there's no way my alloys are getting thrown around, scratched, dropped, scored etc.....lol

I find it's pretty much the only way

Gmonster
04-03-2015, 01:29 AM
Yeah your right; softly nicely catchey monkey; but at same time show that your serious about it etc. I have a problem in this area: I don't even like big dirty mechanics footprints in my foot wells: lol!

JimC64
04-03-2015, 01:38 AM
I have around 2 or 3 places I go and trust....these relationships built up over many years, and everyone knows I'm a car guy and how I try to look after it.

Even if it's a big chain, I put a lot of work their way with around 5 or 6 cars I look after, so plenty of work for tyres, balancing, alignments, exhausts etc etc.....always a nice carrot.

Depending on whats getting done and how often I'm there it may slipping a tenner to the tyre fitter for taking EXTRA time / care etc or a case of beer for the manager........worth 10 times to me what it costs.

Don't know if you use Kwik Fit or who you use?
I see you're in Ayshire

My son works for Kwik Fit as a tyre fitter and I trained him from his younger days to appreciate nice cars, a well looked after set of alloys etc
If you ever did use them and were in the area, I could certainly call him to try to get the best possible discount and EXTRA care when fitting.....lol

I managed to get one of the Jag guys a decent deal on a set of Michelins / Pirellis ( can't really remember which )

Hope all goes well

Gmonster
04-03-2015, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the extra info/tips Jim. In North Ayrshire. Have developed a 'relationship' with McConechys in Irvine; which; touch wood; has stood me in good stead to date. Will be going down to negotiate with the manager there soon with these online Avon/Barum tyre prices. Hah. Will bear in mind your KWIKFIT tip/ offers. Thanks for that.

JimC64
04-03-2015, 02:01 AM
Here's one of my posts on tyres....

New tyre time again (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?162584-New-tyre-time-again)

Just checked National Tyres, don't know your size but assume 255 35 30 as on my Jaguar

4 Barum Bravuris3 £556.40 online

Load index 97
Y speed rated
XL load rated

Gmonster
28-10-2015, 02:46 PM
Hi All. Been off here for a while dealing with lots of other shenanigans. Headline is that it is now defo tyre replacement time. Original Yokos have done 34K and are getting to legal limit.... especially the fronts. Noticed that the front O/S has worn slightly more than the N/S but i'm not taking that as a major issue.

Be grateful for feedback update: The Bravuris 3 is still the value/performance tyre of choice for my 20 inch Rotors? Quick check indicates that they are available c£100 per corner tyre only...maybe c£120 fitted. My wheels are still un-blemised...and i need to start drafting the installation process/procedure that i require the fitters to sign/follow when fitting the new rubber. Thanks in anticipation.

EvilPostIt
29-10-2015, 09:38 AM
If you're replacing the tyres via the Audi Complete + Tyres they will replace them with premiums (Dunlop, Conti or Bridgestone)

Gmonster
30-10-2015, 12:21 AM
Hi Evils. No I'm not on the tyre package.... I'm buying my own tyres etc. Just enquiring as to whether the Bravuris 3 is still the value/performance tyre option to go for. Think I will go for a couple of these etc.

Willow 15
30-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Just seen this thread as I will hopefully be part of the c7 gang by this afternoon and have started lurking the c7 forum.
I had Avon's on my c6 avant, and although the grip was great they wore down very, very quickly. Fitted Barum's after that and they were much better.
Just to throw another spanner in the works, last autumn I fitted Vredstein wintrac tyres and left them on all summer. Tyres performed amazing in the cold months including trips to Alps and I have been surprised how well they have worked in the summer.
If you have a heavy foot I would go for the Barum's as the Vredstein's can be squirmy in the corners when you are hoofing it.
If you have not got a heavy foot I would consider the Vredstein's as I picked 4 up from Tyre leader for £398 on 18"s last year.

Scott K
30-10-2015, 08:22 AM
Some great deals on Michelin pilot sport 3 at the moment. Saw them at £157 fitted for 255/40/19 100Y. Mine have lasted well and the grip is fantastic. More importantly for me, the wet handling is extremely good-very confidence inspiring and sure footed.

Gmonster
01-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Think I will go for the Bravuris. Can get them delivered to home at £100 each for the 20" ers which is pretty darn good. Then get them fitted somewhere trustworthy.

Bar Shaker
02-11-2015, 11:03 AM
I bought some cheap 19s for my C6. I can't recall the make but never again. They weren't properly round so never felt accurately balanced, the wet weather grip was awful and they were incredibly noisy.

They made the car much less pleasant to drive and I scrapped them after only a few thousand miles.

A6S
02-11-2015, 11:46 AM
You can get the toyos for around £124 and the pirelli ao for around £140 delivered from oponeo. Both good tyres.

Whippy53
02-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Goodyear f1,s.

Gmonster
20-11-2015, 01:29 AM
Hi. Bit of An update: 2 new 20 " Bravuris 3's fitted to front of my A6 C7. £114 each; via Tyre Shopper; fitted by Paisley National Tyres: Incle St etc. Original Yokoyomas had done 34k miles so I'm a bit of a Limo driver really etc

The NTS did a great job of fitting them; my alloys remain pristine etc. They realised I was a ' pride and joy' kinda dude and took great care in the fitting. They did question my tyre choice; even suggesting that I might have insurance issues; which I kinda laughed off etc. Full marks to the Paisley NTS guys.

First impressions of the Bravuris are that they are wee bit noisier than the originals; particularly in the wet (?) Been particularly wet road conditions last wee while; haven't really noticed any major grip issues; but then I'm pretty carefull etc.

So initial feeling is I'm fairly happy with them; certainly not rushing to change them for something else. Shall monitor and report back any issues. The back tyres are becoming due for change also; so next dilemma is whether to stick with the Bravuris on all 4 corners; or mix/ go slightly more up market (Avons?)

MarkTM
20-11-2015, 08:53 AM
New tyres will always be noiser than old, esp if the old have done 30k+ due to the block pattern on the new being stronger.

With winter coming up and our location am surprised you don't fit winter rubber...mine are going on next week and I'm a Southern Softie! :)

Gmonster
23-11-2015, 09:31 PM
Thanks for comment Mark... Truth be told there is a degree of trepidation if/when the ice snow sets in... But have managed OK to date so here's hoping... Take your point on new well grooved tyres versus well worn smoothies etc... Cheers...