PDA

View Full Version : Please Help golf plus pass headlight...help

drodders
09-05-2013, 09:01 PM
my 2005 golf plus diesel pass headlight has stopped working and the warning on the dash is on,,,
anyway iv replaced the bulb twice still no joy.iv also swapped the bulb holder over with the drivers side & it works so the holder hasnt burnt out.every other light works side, beam & dipped just no headlight which are the ones that come on if you use your auto lights...
anyway is it a new headlight or is there a fix anyone knows....dave

CJJE
11-05-2013, 11:12 AM
my 2005 golf plus diesel pass headlight has stopped working and the warning on the dash is on,,,
anyway iv replaced the bulb twice still no joy.iv also swapped the bulb holder over with the drivers side & it works so the holder hasnt burnt out.every other light works side, beam & dipped just no headlight which are the ones that come on if you use your auto lights...
anyway is it a new headlight or is there a fix anyone knows....dave

I'm not at all sure that I've understood your question. Are you saying that the sidelight, main beam and dipped beam lights are all working, but that the nearside headlight isn't? If so, which bulb do you mean? Surely the auto light feature just turns on the dipped beams when you enter a tunnel or when it gets dark?

Or do you mean the nearside daylight running light isn't working (though I wasn't aware that the 2005 Golf Plus had these!) That light needs a special H15 bulb rather than the standard main beam bulb as the filament is in the same bulb.

Chris

drodders
11-05-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm not at all sure that I've understood your question. Are you saying that the sidelight, main beam and dipped beam lights are all working, but that the nearside headlight isn't? If so, which bulb do you mean? Surely the auto light feature just turns on the dipped beams when you enter a tunnel or when it gets dark?

Or do you mean the nearside daylight running light isn't working (though I wasn't aware that the 2005 Golf Plus had these!) That light needs a special H15 bulb rather than the standard main beam bulb as the filament is in the same bulb.

Chris
ok if auto lights are on it is my headlights.
if i dont use them i use side lights or headlights full beam and dipped work great when needed
if side lights ate on its 2 small ones
if i use the headlights pass side wont come on drivers will
i got told the bulb holders connections burn out so i swapped with drivers side and it still wont work but the pass one with new bulb works in drivers side so thats why im after other ideas.
not bulb or bulb holder problem