PDA

View Full Version : interior light pack

mr mugello
09-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Is the interior light pack worth having ? I see that the bulbs are led. Are led bulbs not used as standard spec in the main interior cabin light ? Cheers .:D

eob
09-05-2013, 04:33 PM
No, standard dome and reading lights are normal filament bulbs.
I was shocked to find that a glovebox light is not standard. And I really miss having one.
The light pack comes with other crap that you probably won't need like handle illumination and puddle lights.
You also don't get vanity mirror lights as standard either. In fact, I'm surprised you get rear reading lights.

Anyway, there are loads of threads regarding interior light LED upgrade. The change is quite stunning and something I'm considering.

mr mugello
09-05-2013, 05:25 PM
I see that Audi advertise the light pack as having an ' entrance light '. How is this different to the standard spec entry light ?

Sportwag
09-05-2013, 10:40 PM
I see that Audi advertise the light pack as having an ' entrance light '. How is this different to the standard spec entry light ?

The Interior Light Pack is absolutely mandatory in my opinion - door handles illuminated, glove box light, lights in doors, cabin night light, vents illuminated, front and rear footwells (handy when vacuuming during the winter months) all for £160.

I have had a Merc on test drive for 4 x days and the light package in it blows the Audi away - you can change the colour of the LED down lights in the doors and dash :-)

Soot1e
10-05-2013, 08:10 AM

Entrance lights are the puddle lights - mounted on bottom of door.
The only lights that are LED are the footwell lights, the rest use normal bulbs. The upgrade to LEDs is a simple task and has been covered on this site as well as others, I changed all mine to LEDs and extremely happy with the result.

mr mugello
10-05-2013, 11:19 AM
All sounds like a good option for the smallish cost then.

eob
10-05-2013, 08:46 PM
All sounds like a good option for the smallish cost then.

Yes, I wish I had known what I would be losing before I chose to ignore it. Doh!