PDA

View Full Version : Rear suspension on GT

Dmo238
08-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Hi all,

I know the GT model is slightly lowered (by 10mm) compared to S and SE models but I've recently taken a closer look at my GT to find that the body of the car at the back seems to sit lower than the front (see photo attached), i.e. looking at my rear wheel, the gap between the top of the tyre to the wheel arch is shorter/lower compared to the front wheel. Is this normal? I don't have anything in the boot to weigh the car down and haven't previously owned a 'sportier' model but I was thinking that they should look balanced. Does anyone else share the same experience or am I being paranoid?

Ceber
08-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi all,

I know the GT model is slightly lowered (by 10mm) compared to S and SE models but I've recently taken a closer look at my GT to find that the body of the car at the back seems to sit lower than the front (see photo attached), i.e. looking at my rear wheel, the gap between the top of the tyre to the wheel arch is shorter/lower compared to the front wheel. Is this normal? I don't have anything in the boot to weigh the car down and haven't previously owned a 'sportier' model but I was thinking that they should look balanced. Does anyone else share the same experience or am I being paranoid?

No your right, mine is the same. I would prefer the back to be a bit higher too. Ill be taking 3 in the back soon and be interested to see what its like for height.

Dmo238
10-05-2013, 10:06 PM
No your right, mine is the same. I would prefer the back to be a bit higher too. Ill be taking 3 in the back soon and be interested to see what its like for height.
Good to know that it appears to be normal. I too would like it to be a bit higher. I've had a look at some photos of GTs on other forums and they all seem to sit a bit heavy towards the back of the car.

As a one off, I had 3 grown men in mine yesterday but didn't get to see the impact it had on the suspension but the ride didn't seem to be too affected.

dickt
11-05-2013, 02:40 PM
I agree. My GT also appears to be marginally lower at the back. I would not have commented as I now ignore it, but I guess there is a reason.