PDA

View Full Version : Swapped our 02 115hp 1.9 for 59 140hp 2.0ltr

bmwdumptruck
08-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Anyone else upgraded their Sharan from an older 1.9 to a late 2.0 ?
We've just done it!! Wasn't expecting such a big drop in economy. We're struggling to get it over 40mg, where the old one rarely dipped below the 40. We're looking at about 6-10 mpg worse off, not good!! Its not what the fuel consumption guides suggest.
Is this normal, or have we got a problem? I believe it's got the dpf, is it this?

bmwdumptruck
08-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Been reading threads across the other models and it seems the 2.0 engine has had a chequered history. Hopefully ours is after the main issues were solved, but a bit concerned about the injectors, it sounds like they're very hit n miss as to if they are economical or thirsty.

bmwdumptruck
14-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Can't believe no replys, are none of the usual tech guys checking in on the sharan section these days?

The more I'm looking into this I'm beginning to think this is a DPF problem. I'm looking into getting it removed, but I think I'll post a new thread asking for any experiences on that!!

bmwdumptruck
12-06-2013, 10:14 AM
So the saga continues. the cars been back to the dealer(not main agent) and they say there's nothing wrong with it. They can't tell me if it has a dpf or not, but as we don't seem to have a light on the dash I'm kind of hoping it hasn't. Which in turn makes the poor mpg more of a puzzle. So the wife asked at our local VW dealer to see what it would cost to have them do a test on the full VCDS system. £115 FFS, for an hour...... and the idiot on the desk couldn't even say if it would do any more than our own vagcom tester does!! So I'm hoping one of you dealer guys can tell me if it will show up any faults on things like the injectors. Having read quite a few tales of injector woes (I know most are on early Siemens injectors, and mine should be too late for those) I'm guessing the proper test should show up any faulty ones. We've only got a short warranty on the car, so need to get this sussed before it runs out. I believe there's a guy from the Towcester dealer that gets on here, we're not that far from them, I'd be happy to pop up there if I know I'll get the test I think it needs!!