PDA

View Full Version : 2004 A3 2.0 tdi 1st & reverse sticking and sudden clutch bite?

splitscreensi
07-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Hi There I have a 04 A3 tdi 6 speed, which sometimes will either stick in first or reverse and it also gets sudden clutch bite when this happen as well. The other thing that happens is that when you put your foot down you can feel the clutch lift on the peddle and when you let off it goes down slightly. Its just had slave & master cylinder, flywheel & clutch and its been bled about 10 times. Can anyone shed some light on this issue as the garage doing the work is confused and im sick of spending money on it! Cheers Si

jonathanfenton
07-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Similar thread going on atm. Its the clutch release bearing. Should be changed when changing the clutch as it appears to be a common problem.

splitscreensi
07-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Hi Jonathan, The clutch release is part of the slave cylinder so was changed when the dmf and clutch were changed, any other thoughts? :1zhelp:

jonathanfenton
07-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Genuine Parts used?
take a look at 1st AND REVERSE STICKING!! (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?89591-1st-AND-REVERSE-STICKING)

splitscreensi
07-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Hi Mate, Cheers but im still non the wiser, hoping someone on here has had the same problem and actually got to the bottom of it.

Alan02
08-05-2013, 01:54 PM
When did these symptons come to light? Why was the clutch/ flywheel replaced? When you get the symptoms you describe, its usually an indication of a clutch driven plate fault. Are you sure Clutch plate, cover and release bearing have been replaced, or was the origonal cover put back on?

splitscreensi
09-05-2013, 07:57 AM
When did these symptons come to light? Why was the clutch/ flywheel replaced? When you get the symptoms you describe, its usually an indication of a clutch driven plate fault. Are you sure Clutch plate, cover and release bearing have been replaced, or was the origonal cover put back on?

Hi Alan
The symptoms started the day that I bought it, the clutch driven was replaced along with the dmf, and this was replaced because of this fault, the garage started with the cheapest option first and has worked they're way through trying to find what is at fault.

Now without starting this circle at the beginning again they and I are at a loss as to what to do, I've found a couple of threads with the same issue but nobody ever puts a final outcome??

All and any thoughts are welcome.

Regards Si

jonathanfenton
09-05-2013, 11:13 AM
I posted a thread with a final outcome and also seen it on other forums too....

Alan02
09-05-2013, 11:36 AM
I refer to your comment "clutch replaced".. was it the complete clutch or just driven plate? If only the plate fitted, was the cover self adjuster re-set? Latest post you mention only the Driven plate, so just wanted clarification.

splitscreensi
09-05-2013, 12:17 PM
I refer to your comment "clutch replaced".. was it the complete clutch or just driven plate? If only the plate fitted, was the cover self adjuster re-set? Latest post you mention only the Driven plate, so just wanted clarification.

It was a complete sachs kit.

splitscreensi
09-05-2013, 12:26 PM
I posted a thread with a final outcome and also seen it on other forums too....

Just looked through all your started posts and can't seem to find it??

jonathanfenton
09-05-2013, 12:32 PM
4th post in this thread lol

splitscreensi
09-05-2013, 01:12 PM
4th post in this thread lol

Ahh with you, I had read this one and like I said there's no follow up message saying that his fault was fixed, also all these parts on mine are new and I'm not keen on paying out again to replace the already new parts, if that makes sense, there is a similar thread on here where the guy ended up replacing the slave, master and a clutch kit twice but he still had the same issue! He never followed up with what the problem was???

jonathanfenton
09-05-2013, 01:43 PM
I understand, my car had the issue 4 years ago and it was that that caused the issue. I saw a couple of threads both with same symptoms so thought I would offer up my advice can't really help any more. Good luck and let us know what resolves yours :-)

splitscreensi
09-05-2013, 08:41 PM
I understand, my car had the issue 4 years ago and it was that that caused the issue. I saw a couple of threads both with same symptoms so thought I would offer up my advice can't really help any more. Good luck and let us know what resolves yours :-)

Thanks man.

ladya3
16-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Same issue with mine at the moment, and i think Jonanthan was referring to my thread as the similar one :)

Mine is going into the garage on Monday so will let you know outcome

Enos Mongake
30-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Same issue with mine at the moment, and i think Jonanthan was referring to my thread as the similar one :)

Mine is going into the garage on Monday so will let you know outcome

Hi
Any update on this?
My issues is similar my Clutch comes back half way and the 1st and reverse get stuck every now and then
So my Mechanic said my clutch is ok I just need to replace the Concentric slave cylinder which he did
the car drove for 2km without any issues and it happened again
please advice

Shahzaib
31-05-2013, 03:37 PM
My car does the same and I don't believe it is the clutch or flywheel or the pressure plate, maybe the concentric release bearing but not likely as it drives perfect at times so I'm going to have it up on the ramp and do a complete clutch and brake fluid change this weekend with a pressure bleeder.

This might have nothing to do with it but I recall reading a thread sometime back about a similar issue where it turned out to be a pipe collapsing under pressure, so the question is other than the pipes at the wheel where else are the brake/clutch hydraulic lines of a non solid type? I'll investigate this weekend and post.

Any guidance on type and brand of brake fluid is welcome.

Shahzaib
05-06-2013, 09:28 AM
I used fluid from the dealer and it had made a massive difference the clutch bite but not perfect, anyone else had any luck?

ladya3
06-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Hi
Any update on this?
My issues is similar my Clutch comes back half way and the 1st and reverse get stuck every now and then
So my Mechanic said my clutch is ok I just need to replace the Concentric slave cylinder which he did
the car drove for 2km without any issues and it happened again
please advice

Hey, car is in the garage today so will post an update on my thread :)