PDA

View Full Version : Motability members

Gerryf
04-05-2013, 10:32 AM
I've been dipping in and out of the site for several years now but never mentioned that I'm a Motability customer in fear of the flak I might attract. Anyway, I've decided to replace my MK6 with the MK 7 Tsi DSG.
All my research thus far tells me I'm in for a treat with the SE model. My present DSG 1.4 has been excellent on fuel considering most of my journeys are less than 2 miles through my congested end of London. Stop/Start technology should see me with further improvement.

The diesel models would cause me endless bother so they never got onto my radar but I can see the attraction :) for others :)

Sam
04-05-2013, 10:40 AM
I've been dipping in and out of the site for several years now but never mentioned that I'm a Motability customer in fear of the flak I might attract.

Unless you intentionally went out of your way to inflict whatever it is that entitles you to receive a Motability allowance, I'll stick my neck out and say that anyone who gives you flak is a small minded idiot who isn't worth knowing.

dickt
04-05-2013, 01:20 PM
I think you are 100% right to avoid the diesel models. With your driving pattern of stop start in London, and with all the injector/DPF problems nowadays, you will be better off with the petrol dsg.
I would be tempted to leave it for a few weeks, to ensure that all the little mk 7 problems have been fully resolved.

Gerryf
04-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Unless you intentionally went out of your way to inflict whatever it is that entitles you to receive a Motability allowance, I'll stick my neck out and say that anyone who gives you flak is a small minded idiot who isn't worth knowing...............we think along the same lines Sam :)

Gerryf
04-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Hi ****, There aren't enough issues to put me off the mk7....I'm placing the order Tuesday.

Gerryf
08-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Whilst placing my order yesterday, I had a good look round a white GT model in the Showroom....really looked the business but sadly white isn't for me. All dealers tell you there's no bargaining when it comes to Motability lease cars but I did manage to bargain for a full tank of petrol :). http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd472/cameragerry/2013_volkswagen_golf_15_1600x1200_zpsbd30f62c.jpg (http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/cameragerry/media/2013_volkswagen_golf_15_1600x1200_zpsbd30f62c.jpg. html)