PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Emission Control Light on after DPF Re-Gen

rich1987
03-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, I have looked elsewhere for an answer but I couldn't find anything that specifically related to what my problem is.

Having had the glow plug light flashing and the DPF Light come up on my A4 B8 2.0TDi, the Emission Control Light has now come on (and stayed on, solid) even after the Re-Gen has been completed. Having worked for Vauxhall for many years I am more than familiar with DPF Issues, but I have not had the ECS Light appear before. Engine doesn't sound any different under load or on tickover and the performance has improved since before the Re-Gen.

The only reason I can think of as to why the light has come on is due to the fuel being run down quite low in the tank (10 mike range showing) and dragging through some crap (technical term escapes me) from the bottom of the tank and is now clogging up a sensor.

Does anyone have any advice for a relative mechanical novice?

Thanks in advance!

Boy
03-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Welcome aboard.
I'm afraid I do not have an answer for you,but I'm sure someone else
will be along soon with some ideas.
My onle one is to find someone reasonably close who has VCDS and who
can run a diagnostic scan for you.
I also have a 2.0 Tdi and will be interested to see what turns out to be your problem.

fat controller
03-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Could be a sensor that has failed - its in the service history of mine that it had one replaced, and I am pretty sure that I have read on here about them failing too. I'd second the advice to find someone who will scan the car with VCDS before you spend any money, as that will hopefully give you a better idea of what you are looking at.

rich1987
03-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the replies folks, will try and get a diagnosis done, will the Techies at the Vauxhall garage I work at be able to run diagnosis with a Tech 2, or does it have to be an Audi diagnostic device?

Guest 2
03-05-2013, 08:47 PM
DPF pressure sensors failing are common as muck and I had one go on my A3.

Tech 2 wont work, you need VCDS or Audi themselves to scan it.

rich1987
03-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks Chris, I will look into that too, sounds reasonable given the timing with a Re-Gen.

gregpot2000
05-05-2013, 06:50 PM
For this sensor you would only need a general obd device rather than an Audi specific tool

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

jkuk1
08-05-2013, 08:19 AM
I picked up an 09 2.0 TDI yesterday and had exactly the same problem on my return journey. DPF warning which cleared, and now the emission control indicator. - let me know how you get on. I presume the indicator can be reset but wondered if its likely to come back