PDA

View Full Version : Q3 Diesel options

jblink
02-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Looking to buy a Q3, but although I certainly prefer the diesel, the 177 bhp version is only available with the auto box which I definitely do not want. Is anyone "in the know" aware if the 177 version will soon be available with a manual box? I know a remap is possible but would prefer the OEM 177 if possible. It does seem daft that the option is not available and if I should opt for the 140 I would be somewhat pee'd off if the 177 became available shortly after:mad:!

Guest 2
02-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Best bet would be checking with a sales representative in Audi as they would be the first to know of any model changes.

Welcome to VWAF ;)

jblink
02-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Hmmm yes well I have learned over the years to take what sales reps say with a major pinch of salt! They are mostly interested in getting a sale today or at least "this month" rather than putting it off a couple of months until something new is around. Cheers anyway! BTW other cars are Passat and Scirocco atm so may well be participating elsewhere!

shabazmo
11-05-2013, 05:00 PM
The 2014 model year spec should be released any day now, so there may be a wider range of engine and gearbox choices

jblink
12-05-2013, 05:30 PM
well just had an email from the dealer to say that the 177ps engine IS now available with the manual gearbox! 2WD and quattro. Wayhay! Any other MY14 changes? I believe DAB is standard?

royleblue
20-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Can't see any other obvious changes.
The quattro version is more economical than the 140 bhp version and the same road tax band so it's a win all round. Plus you can have a sun roof which you couldn't have in the 140 bhp quattro for some reason, which has swung it back in favour of the Q3 as a replacement for my Tiguan.

jblink
21-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Have now been told DAB is unavailable! Waiting for clarification from the dealer but I agree the 177bhp version is a win win option

royleblue
21-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Sounds like a supply issue. No mention in the latest brochure as standard or an option. Same thing happened when I bought the Tiguan. VW had just added DAB as standard then had to start offering refunds because they could not get hold of enough units. Luckily mine came with one. Hopefully they'll sort it out soon.