PDA

View Full Version : 19" on my 2005 Passat -

Granty78
30-04-2013, 03:01 PM
I want to buy some new alloys for my Passat but dont know what size will fit, I know girly question but what can I say!

Also after a body kit but not sure where to start.... Standard - started looking on ebay but I'm sure there is better out there, also where the hell do you get them fitted?

Any help would be appreciated :biglaugh:

JimC64
30-04-2013, 03:24 PM
With regard to the wheels try this.....

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wheelfitment.net%2Fvw&ei=4NN_UfGlGYnVPLCbgegF&usg=AFQjCNFsrhE0CmdxpdlI5lZiQLkUg_6Q5A&sig2=o-50DIrdbPeNSolcCI5NKg

All the relevant info is there for you.

Good luck

JimC64
30-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Granty - don't know what size your current wheels are?

On my 53 plate 1.9 Tdi Highline they were 15"'s and I upgraded to a set of 17" wheels from my Audi A6, but I had to use wheel spacers to get them to sit right.

You need to check the bore size obviously, so that they match

4 or 5 bolt holes? Ant that the pcd of the holes is also a match?

Then there's the ET (Offset) which is how far inside the wheel well, or how far out into the arches the wheel sits. This is important!!

If you do go ahead and need to fit wheel spacers, please ensure that they are the hubcentric variety, as plain flat wheel spacers can be dangerous.

Good luck

Granty78
30-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Granty - don't know what size your current wheels are?

On my 53 plate 1.9 Tdi Highline they were 15"'s and I upgraded to a set of 17" wheels from my Audi A6, but I had to use wheel spacers to get them to sit right.

You need to check the bore size obviously, so that they match

4 or 5 bolt holes? Ant that the pcd of the holes is also a match?

Then there's the ET (Offset) which is how far inside the wheel well, or how far out into the arches the wheel sits. This is important!!

If you do go ahead and need to fit wheel spacers, please ensure that they are the hubcentric variety, as plain flat wheel spacers can be dangerous.

Good luck

They are just standard wheels, to be honest this is starting to sounds like a right pain in the a$$! :Blush2: just back from Big Bang at Santa Pod and decided my car looks far too plain and boring (even with all its stickers!) Maybe I should take it to a garage tell them what I want and leave it to the experts!