PDA

View Full Version : Audi paintwork

Murrell1968
30-04-2013, 07:37 AM
avant in ibis white. I have only done 1000 mile since march and I'm very disappointed in the paintwork I've had the stone chip touch up in my hand almost every day, the paintwork seems very thin and chips going down to the black plastic, chips mainly on front spoiler with about 3 on bonet. I've owned many cars and never seen so many on so little mileage, I don't even hit the main roads that much, spoke to audi dealer and they say never heard of this before, can anybody help me before I take it further with audi. This is my first audi as alway been a BMW man before.

Guest 2
30-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Nothing really you can do, all cars are prone to stonechips whether they're 1 day old or 10 years old thats just it.

Remember the wider the tyres too the more prone to chipping.

I doubt Audi will do anything so personally I wouldn't waste your time.

My A3 has about 15 small indents on the windscreen and I've only owned it 1.5 years and I expect to need a new windscreen come MOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerseyFresha8
05-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Very True, Stone chips happen. Your going to have to charge it to the game. Drive behind less trucks, and stay in the front of the line and stone chips shouldn't come as often.:beerchug:

JimC64
05-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Audi paint is notoriously hard...........ask any detailers!

Stone chips are just a fact of life I'm afraid.

+1 on Jersey, drive slower, stay in front where possible and don't get too close tothe traffic ahead whatever that may be as they throw up stones etc in your path.