PDA

View Full Version : Footwell Lights Missing?

STEVEP1041
28-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of a Mk7 SE 1.6 tdi with Climate control, winter pack, mirror pack and reversing sensors, in Urano grey.

According to the price list I had when I ordered the car it should have the convenience pack fiitted.

It would appear that my car has the auto dimming mirror, auto headlights and rain sensor but no footwell lights. I cannot find anything listed in the infotainment screen menus for them anywhere.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Otherwise the car is brilliant!

Many thanks in advance.

algarve
28-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Have you checked the 'FOOTWELL' lighting setting through the 'vehicle settings' menu using the infotainment screen.
Just in case, as it can be from a setting of ' OFF to graded levels up to 100% On '
Worth checking.

algarve
28-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of a Mk7 SE 1.6 tdi with Climate control, winter pack, mirror pack and reversing sensors, in Urano grey.

According to the price list I had when I ordered the car it should have the convenience pack fiitted.

It would appear that my car has the auto dimming mirror, auto headlights and rain sensor but no footwell lights. I cannot find anything listed in the infotainment screen menus for them anywhere.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Otherwise the car is brilliant!

Many thanks in advance.

So did the 'light set up' menu have no sub heading for ' interior lighting' .

STEVEP1041
28-04-2013, 05:45 PM
So did the 'light set up' menu have no sub heading for ' interior lighting' .

I checked the car in daylight and the lamps are not there! I've taken it up with the dealer and will report back later

vwcabriolet1971
29-04-2013, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't miss the footlights in my car. The only thing they are of any use for, is finding small things that are dropped. I always carry a torch for things like this ( & wheel changing in the dark) .
A much more useful light would be for the ignition key lock.

Kevin Zhu
29-04-2013, 06:35 PM
I checked the car in daylight and the lamps are not there! I've taken it up with the dealer and will report back later

GOLF SE(comfortline) has no footwell light, you will only find it from GT(highline). but it will be interesting if your dealer can manage to add it to your car.

STEVEP1041
29-04-2013, 07:43 PM
They were certainly listed in the price list at the time the car was ordered,( 12th Feb ) and at the build date, as part of the convenience pack listed as standard. Footwell lights only disappeared in the April price list!

The dealer has taken this up with VW Customer Services on my behalf. I am a Driving Instructor and they were useful on my mk6 Match for controls lessons in the winter. Pupils could see the pedals in the dark!

dickt
30-04-2013, 12:54 PM
If you browse these threads you will find lots of examples of mean and ruthless decision making by VW with this mk 7 model. I simply do not believe the VW line that "it was an error"..................there have been rather a lot of errors.

I do hope they have not made too many "errors" with the brakes, suspension and steering.