PDA

View Full Version : Keyless entry - how many keys?

Gerbil
27-04-2013, 04:21 PM
I took a Mk7 for a test drive a month ago, but having heard the rumours on here that heated windscreens may soon be available as an option I decided to hold off ordering. VW UK customer service have now confirmed that the heated windscreen is now an available option (though not on the configurator yet) so I'm almost ready to place an order and just deciding on final options.

My wife likes the idea of the keyless entry, but I'm having trouble finding any details of how many keys it comes with. We both drive the car pretty much equal amounts so I'm hoping it comes with two keys that will both work for keyless entry and not just one fancy key and one standard remote key. Can anyone who has this option confirm that the car came with two 'keyless' compatible keys?

In case anyone is interested in the heated windscreen, this is the text of the email i got from VW customer service.

The heated screen is now available at an additional cost of £285; please note that owing to a factory rule, this must be ordered in conjunction with Advanced Telephone Preparation. This entails a central storage box which is equipped with USB charger for your telephone and allows the phone to connect to the vehicle aerial, thus boosting the signal strength. Advanced Telephone Preparation costs and additional £310, both of these items can be ordered in The New Golf with immediate effect.

I've no idea why the heated windscreen should be linked with the purchase of the Advanced Telephone Preparation option, but there you go.

mactrack
27-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Effectively nearly £600 for a heated front windscreen seems a bit much to me but you will pleased to learn that the advanced key option does indeed come with two keyless keys which I believe look exactly the same as the standard remote key and can be used in the same way as well.

Gerbil
27-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the key info. I tend to agree that £600 is a bit steep, but having had the feature on various Fords for the last 14 years my wife refuses to be denied this option :o