PDA

View Full Version : Repair manual and wiring diagrammes for MK3

Aug
28-08-2007, 02:08 AM
As the title says...

I am looking for someone to maybe sell me or point me to someone/ somewhere I can obtain a repair manual and, more importantly, wiring diagrammes for my MK3 Golf, 1996.

I know there are many differences between my Mexican build, Canadian spec car, but I am installing some parts in it that I need proper diagrammes for which are not listed in anything that I have. I do have the North American repair manuals, but are useless for what I want to do....

Specifically, I am installing a set of Hella Celis lights (to upgrade to dual hi/lo beam and add city lights), headlight range adjusting motors, front and rear fog lights including the appropriate proper switch and the rear tail cluster appropriate to the European spec.

Naturally everything sold here *has* to be different, so any help anyone can offer would certainly be appreciated.

Cheers

Aug
29-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Anyone?

pritesh
29-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Have you tried the Haynes Manual? It may be a good starting point.

Aug
29-08-2007, 02:51 PM
I have used Haynes in the past, and their wiring diagrammes are so-so, and I have access to the North American Bentley manuals as well as those from Volkswagen Canada, but I cannot buy the Haynes manuals for British spec Golfs here...and I don't want to shell out CDN$60 for essentially 10 pages of diagrams that may or may not be in the Haynes manual...

mobitune
29-08-2007, 05:56 PM
I have Autodata here, will try to print you off the diagram in pdf format. If successful i'll PM you with a url for it later this evening after wine and dinner ;)

neileg
30-08-2007, 09:54 AM
I have used Haynes in the past, and their wiring diagrammes are so-so, and I have access to the North American Bentley manuals as well as those from Volkswagen Canada, but I cannot buy the Haynes manuals for British spec Golfs here...and I don't want to shell out CDN$60 for essentially 10 pages of diagrams that may or may not be in the Haynes manual...
I have a Mk3 and a Haynes manual. The wiring diagrams are pretty poor, and there are significant differences between what's in print and what's on the car. I wouldn't bother.

mobitune
30-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Any further details available on the '96 Golf? What model? What engine?

Aug
30-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Any further details available on the '96 Golf? What model? What engine?

4 door, Petrol, 4 cylinder, mine is a 2.0, but whatever is close will do...

Even a 4 door GTI will do.

Pernicitus
30-08-2007, 09:53 PM
I have a Pic of MK3 golf wiring diagram, its accurate enough, I've used it myself.

I'll PM the address, tell me if its what you were looking for
Hope it helps :beerchug:

mobitune
30-08-2007, 10:19 PM
4 door, Petrol, 4 cylinder, mine is a 2.0, but whatever is close will do...

Even a 4 door GTI will do.

Any particular section? My copy of Autodata has several diagrams,

ecu
airbags
abs

Unfortunately I dont have the upgrade (yet) for other systems :(

Pete

Aug
30-08-2007, 10:41 PM
I have a Pic of MK3 golf wiring diagram, its accurate enough, I've used it myself.

I'll PM the address, tell me if its what you were looking for
Hope it helps :beerchug:

Thanks very much!

I take it that is an example of the *very* genaric Haynes wiring diagrammes, eh?

That certainly helped for the some of the rear lights....nothing specific for fogs though...

Aug
30-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Any particular section? My copy of Autodata has several diagrams,

ecu
airbags
abs

Unfortunately I dont have the upgrade (yet) for other systems :(

Pete

I need lights, headlights, taillights, fog lights, headlight range adjusters, headlight washers (these exist in MK3, right?) and switches....

Thanks anyways! :beerchug: