PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi A 4 1.8 turbo B6 2004 Help and Info please

marcus gp1
25-04-2013, 06:31 PM
1st hi to everyone, hope to gain some good advice and help from other members, and I hope I can pass on some advice and tips to other members aswell. Well after nearly 23 years I have another Audi, this time I have got a 2004 A4 B6 1.8 turbo with 150,000 miles on the clock. The car was a Camerons of perth car, with them and fully serviced up to 70,000 miles and only 2 other owners, with a file full of service paperwork, the car is unmarked for its age, run's very well apart from a horid whinning noise from either 4/5/6 gear, had a new clutch, last November , also have a bill for a gearbox oil change about the same time, this is not putting me off the car, had it for a few weeks took it to my loca lAudi dealer in Dundee, tech came out for a run and said the car was a cracker, and it sounds like a bearing has let go in the gearbox, Question Insted of repairing the gearbox am I better to fitting a secondhand replacement? and if so what are the identifiing numbers for a six speed gearbox, for a B6 190 BHP?, anyone have any idea the best place to sorce one from, and another thing the car only has one key, if I buy a second hand one from flebay, and have a new HAA blade cut can the hand set be reset to operate my car's doors /Alarm, thanks in advance for any replys and one more thing looking for a set of mudflaps seen ones on flebay will B7 A4 s line mudflaps fit the B6? I asked the seller he said no ?

marcus gp1
27-04-2013, 05:37 PM
1st hi to everyone, hope to gain some good advice and help from other members, and I hope I can pass on some advice and tips to other members aswell. Well after nearly 23 years I have another Audi, this time I have got a 2004 A4 B6 1.8 turbo with 150,000 miles on the clock. The car was a Camerons of perth car, with them and fully serviced up to 70,000 miles and only 2 other owners, with a file full of service paperwork, the car is unmarked for its age, run's very well apart from a horid whinning noise from either 4/5/6 gear, had a new clutch, last November , also have a bill for a gearbox oil change about the same time, this is not putting me off the car, had it for a few weeks took it to my loca lAudi dealer in Dundee, tech came out for a run and said the car was a cracker, and it sounds like a bearing has let go in the gearbox, Question Insted of repairing the gearbox am I better to fitting a secondhand replacement? and if so what are the identifiing numbers for a six speed gearbox, for a B6 190 BHP?, anyone have any idea the best place to sorce one from, and another thing the car only has one key, if I buy a second hand one from flebay, and have a new HAA blade cut can the hand set be reset to operate my car's doors /Alarm, thanks in advance for any replys and one more thing looking for a set of mudflaps seen ones on flebay will B7 A4 s line mudflaps fit the B6? I asked the seller he said no ?
OPP's SORRY JUST SEEN MY MISTAKE