PDA

View Full Version : rear bumper removal

bigb1970
22-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Thinking of fitting rear parking sensors can anyone advise me on how to remove bumper?ie where are all the bolts etc

saloon tdi 2001 passat sport

Sam
23-06-2006, 08:17 AM
According to posts there are a couple of screws in each wheel well, a couple behind the rear lights and some in or around the boot itself.

A Haynes manual is a great investment - I can post the exact locations, should you want them, when I get home tonight (and look in my Haynes manual!)

bigb1970
23-06-2006, 08:39 AM
if you could that would be great thanks alot

bigb1970
23-06-2006, 12:43 PM
sorted it looks easy went to library first time ever
thanks for your help:beerchug:

Paul Sorrow
05-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Agian, I am new to this forum and I want some informaiton on how to get to where I need to go?

Paul

Paul Sorrow
05-11-2007, 08:43 PM
I am not sure about what can be talked about. My only interest in this web site is to learn more about the automobiles I OWN AND DRIVE.

pAUL

Paul Sorrow
07-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Is there a picture in the Haynes manual or diagram showing the bolt locations to remove the bumper on the 2004 Passat. I need to pull the bemper and slide it back into place. I was bumped in the back and the rear right panel next to the right rear tire came off of the catches and need to be put back in place.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, AND MUCH NEEDED!

THANK YOU.

PAUL:confused::confused:

Sam
07-11-2007, 04:53 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/b5_leadfoot/Westfalia/08-BUMPEROFF.jpg

If you look at the bumper on the floor you can see the four holes where the torx screws go just to the left and right of the load area protecting strip thingy.

As for this post;

I am not sure about what can be talked about. My only interest in this web site is to learn more about the automobiles I OWN AND DRIVE.

pAUL

I have no idea what you mean?

Paul Sorrow
07-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks.

I was just trying to stick by the rules I read. It said talk about anything but cars so, I was a little confused as to the rules, since my only interest in the forum was to gain informaton on the car. Again I appreciate your help, and hope this explains the confusing email.

Sam
08-11-2007, 10:20 AM
You're free to use the forum as you see fit.

We created the "except cars" section so you can rant and rave about something that isn't vehicle related.

Good luck with the bumper, let us know how it goes.

bora(ing) nick
08-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks.

I was just trying to stick by the rules I read. It said talk about anything but cars so, I was a little confused as to the rules, since my only interest in the forum was to gain informaton on the car. Again I appreciate your help, and hope this explains the confusing email.

lol, now i see where this was going.

Welcome to the forum,

Nick