PDA

View Full Version : Question Automatic gear box not working fault codes

andyb5
20-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Hello, sudenly the car wont go on automatic gear box. The gears is switching and shows on speedometer. But when i switch to D or R and want to push accelerator nothing happens like to be on "neutral". The fault codes in gear box found: 01378 and 06300 but this one I could find. Please help me....

Guest 2
20-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Which engine and gearbox is fitted?

16946/P0562/001378 - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16946/P0562/001378)

andyb5
20-04-2013, 04:12 PM
1.4 tfsi, automatic 7-speed gear box

mikey2012
20-04-2013, 07:18 PM
What did you scan the car with VCDS or a generic OBD2 scanner?

andyb5
20-04-2013, 07:47 PM
was scanned with LOUNCH.

Guest 2
20-04-2013, 07:48 PM
I would try to get it scanned with VCDS or a VW dealer to get a accurate diagnosis.

andyb5
20-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Thanks I will try it on monday

NHN
21-04-2013, 12:43 PM
When you press accelerator when in D, do the revs climb still, even if the car fails to move.

Those errors suggest wiring, has anything happened of late, to the car?

andyb5
21-04-2013, 02:53 PM
When you press accelerator when in D, do the revs climb still, even if the car fails to move.

Those errors suggest wiring, has anything happened of late, to the car?

Yes exactly. One strange thing happened when I was looking in fuses under hood. The F2 was burned (30A), and when i wanted to change with good it burned again ...

NHN
21-04-2013, 06:05 PM
That's your issue then:

F2 - Fuse 2 on fuse holder B -SB2- 30 A - Mechatronic unit for dual clutch gearbox -J743-
(7-speed dual clutch gearbox 0AM)
applicable from model year 2009

Check wiring to the gearbox, see if its got damaged.

andyb5
21-04-2013, 06:16 PM
Thank you very much I will check this tomorrow, is it possible that some electronic system in gear box is damaged? :/

NHN
21-04-2013, 06:19 PM
You will need to disconnect looms & see if fuse stays good, then plug in again & see if blows, then you'll know where the issue lies of course.

andyb5
21-04-2013, 08:51 PM
I need to dissconnect loom from gear box ? and to check if fuse will not blow ?

jononorman
07-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi there - I've had the exact same problem and wondered how this turned out.

Car battery was drained so jump started the car. Started fine straight afterwards and battery seems to have charged but got the flashing DNRPS sign on dashboard. Also fuse F2 was blown. When I tried to change gear car would rev as if in neutral but unable to select a gear in either forward or reverse.

When I tried to replace the fuse it blew again immediately as soon as it touched the fuse compartment. Concern is that electricals may have been damaged by the jump start - but I'm unsure how to check this further. Trying to avoid a tow to a dealer but I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to car repairs so if there is the risk of further damage would prefer to avoid that if possible! Any help gratefully received

andyb5
07-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi there - I've had the exact same problem and wondered how this turned out.

Car battery was drained so jump started the car. Started fine straight afterwards and battery seems to have charged but got the flashing DNRPS sign on dashboard. Also fuse F2 was blown. When I tried to change gear car would rev as if in neutral but unable to select a gear in either forward or reverse.

When I tried to replace the fuse it blew again immediately as soon as it touched the fuse compartment. Concern is that electricals may have been damaged by the jump start - but I'm unsure how to check this further. Trying to avoid a tow to a dealer but I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to car repairs so if there is the risk of further damage would prefer to avoid that if possible! Any help gratefully received

Hi, you need to repair gearbox computer, or to buy a new one... The name is: Mechatronic unit for dual clutch gearbox -J743-.

jononorman
18-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Hi, you need to repair gearbox computer, or to buy a new one... The name is: Mechatronic unit for dual clutch gearbox -J743-.

So the fault in the gearbox computer has been diagnosed. Mechanic has tried several companies to reprogramme the part but apparently cannot be done so a new part has been ordered. Have now been waiting for a replacement part for 6 weeks - apparently this is a factory only part and is currently on back order - still no time frame even given for when the new part will be delivered. Beyond frustrated considering that there seems to be a common fault with this unit. Does anyone have any further suggestions as to where we could source the part without having to wait for the factory to shift into gear? Badly need the car back on the road.

NHN
30-09-2013, 01:32 AM
Sorry, but who did you try to get it reprogrammed by as for me its not a programming issue, more like mechanical.

Also check if the gearbox falls under the same 1.4 tfsi stronic box issues the A1's have been recalled for.