PDA

View Full Version : New A3 Sportback Modifications

ALPORTER
19-04-2013, 11:09 PM
I have now taken delivery of my new A3 and must say I love it, however there are a few things I would like to change and just wondered if anyone knew how to do them...

1. Video in Motion - a local guy says he can do it for £100, but often there are easier ways

2. Zooming on the map, for some reason the zoom seems to be opposite of what you would expect, clockwise is zoom out instead on in. Can this be changed?

3. Lane Assist. - This is really neat but requires you to make an input every 5 seconds or so otherwise it bleeps and tells you to get involved. If you have had no need this is annoying. Is there any way to remove the need for constant driver input? I understand this is a safety thing but makes the system very annoying. Even just changing how long before it moans would be good.

4. Being able to go back and forward an audio track from the steering wheel - I couldn't believe it when they guy told be you couldn't control audio tracks from the steering wheel like you used to. I have assigned the special button to next track but... come on!

Any thoughts would be welcome....

Guest 2
19-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Any pics?

I can't comment on all your points but I can on some -

VIM can be done via VCDS for nowt (has been done on 3G MMI thru vcds) and the direction of zoom can't be changed.

If you use the two arrow keys on your steering wheel or try the scroll wheel(s) does this not change the track?

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz90/57_audi/Courtesy%20Cars/a6se2013/IMG_3384_zpsd65709e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Andy Weightman
23-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi all I too took delivery of my 8v 3door recently and Unfortunately this is true.. The back /fwd buttons on the steering wheel cycle through the DIS and do not change audio track..

Also out of interest I cannot find a way to enable VIM on the 2013 a3 8V ;( I'm not sure it's available as the security codes for the module are not the same as the previous MMI 3G ( we have the new R touch mmi)

i have a genuine Vagcom cable if anyone knows how to enable it, I'd be happy to share...

mjcourtney
07-05-2013, 01:44 PM
You can indeed change the track from the steering wheel controls. If you scroll left / right to the Media screen on the DIS, and then press the menu button (to the right of the 'OK' in the photo above) it'll bring up a list of tracks available. Simply scroll down to the next track and click 'OK'.

martinbanshee
27-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Doesn't the scroll wheel itself not click left and right

M1tchy
27-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Doesn't the scroll wheel itself not click left and right

Nope. Just scrolls up and down and also clicks in

martinbanshee
27-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Ok, I'm still waiting for delivery so haven't had a chance to play with all the controls yet, it'll be the volume control on the centre tunnel that clicks left and right.