PDA

View Full Version : Help possible turbo trouble?

Nataliemark
19-04-2013, 04:15 PM
<b>HI, please can anyone help me I have an Audi a4 and the emissions light has come on the garage has plugged it in to their machine and the following codes have come up P2187, P0507, P0299 I am being told at the moment it's a problem with the turbo and only Audi can fix it. Looking at about £1500 pounds! Has this happened to anyone else? Is it really a massive problem? Please can anyone help or suggest anything?&nbsp;<br>Natalie&nbsp;</b>

zollaf
19-04-2013, 04:20 PM
welcome to the forum
. more info required please. what is the engine code and year of car. the code can be found by lifting the boot carpet and there will b a label with lots of numbers and letters on. one of these will be for engine.

Nataliemark
19-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. The year of my car is 05. I have looked where you said and there isn't a label in the boot?

kite
19-04-2013, 04:40 PM
In the spare wheel well or inside cover of the service book

I wish I could tpye...

Nataliemark
19-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Thank you I have service book it says A4 avant quat2.0 R4 is that it?

kite
19-04-2013, 05:57 PM
On the inside front cover should be a sticker with all the codes.
Your engine code will be 3 letters.
You could post a picture of the sticker.

I wish I could tpye...

bearthebruce
14-06-2013, 01:51 PM
On the inside front cover should be a sticker with all the codes.
It is called a PR Code sticker and if you refer to this tech tip on our web site, you can see what it looks like:

"VW/AUDI Control Module Coding (http://www.ross-tech.net/vag-com/advertising/PRCodeTechTip.pdf)"

In the case of the example, you will see the engine power rating in KW. Beneath it is the engine code to which Kite refers - BPY. At the end of that line is the transmission code: GVT.

You could take a photo of the sticker and post it for us!