PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions for MK7 owners

Norbreck21a
17-04-2013, 08:22 AM
HI guys, have a couple of more questions if that's OK ?

For those that have the high end Climatronic AC, what does the "SETUP" button do under the fan speed in the middle dial ? Does this just allow access to the different Climatronic profiles and what's under the set-up button (gear cogs) in the lower right hand side of the SETUP screen ? Is there any way from this to have the climatronic controls mirrored briefly on the infotainment screen (like in the previous generations) ?

Secondly, from a screen display point of view, what information is additionally displayed (if any) when tuning into a DAB station verses a standard FM station ? Do the station Logos appear (or do they have to be manually in-putted), and is there track / artist information displayed etc (like Radio Text on the FM stations). Anyone got a photo of the DAB information screen ?

Thanks in advance.

HHGTTG
17-04-2013, 09:25 AM
HI guys, have a couple of more questions if that's OK ?

For those that have the high end Climatronic AC, what does the "SETUP" button do under the fan speed in the middle dial ? Does this just allow access to the different Climatronic profiles and what's under the set-up button (gear cogs) in the lower right hand side of the SETUP screen ? Is there any way from this to have the climatronic controls mirrored briefly on the infotainment screen (like in the previous generations) ?

Secondly, from a screen display point of view, what information is additionally displayed (if any) when tuning into a DAB station verses a standard FM station ? Do the station Logos appear (or do they have to be manually in-putted), and is there track / artist information displayed etc (like Radio Text on the FM stations). Anyone got a photo of the DAB information screen ?

Thanks in advance.

I wish that I could find out more about this infotainment console before I buy as it seems far too unnecessarily complicated and being in the position it is somewhat dangerous to keep on fiddling with whilst driving. Wish there was a downloadable user's manual.

DaveB666
17-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Secondly, from a screen display point of view, what information is additionally displayed (if any) when tuning into a DAB station verses a standard FM station ?
Slideshow (assume this is US based however as mine is always blank)
Radio text
Adverts etc

Do the station Logos appear (or do they have to be manually in-putted)
Logs have to be manually uploaded from an SD card. Very easy to do.

is there track / artist information displayed etc (like Radio Text on the FM stations).
Yes - although this depends on what the station is broadcasting at the time - sometimes its adverts/text numbers etc.

Norbreck21a
17-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the responses. One other quick question is what are the start up times like on the Discover Nav Pro units please ?

I ask as on my current Scirocco (fitted with the RNS-510), whilst the Nav system is great, my only real bug bear is the start up times, which can be up to a minute before regaining full functionality. Are the new discover generations units much quicker ?

DaveB666
17-04-2013, 11:11 AM
No idea about the PRO, but the normal Nav probably takes around a minute to really get going.

mcmaddy
17-04-2013, 09:17 PM
the slideshow function on my dab rns510 was the logos for the dab stations. you didn't need to load station logos in. I can't believe you need to load your own logos in to a high end music system!