PDA

View Full Version : Warning lights in front doors

Norbreck21a
16-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Hi all, for people that have a MK7 GT model, can they confirm that the small red lenses at the bottom of the front doors are active (i.e illuminated) door warning / puddle lights when you open the door, or just standard plastic reflectors ?

I assume the back ones are not illuminated but just reflectors as well ?

mcmaddy
16-04-2013, 06:03 PM
I doubt very much if the doors will have fully working lights. gtd booklet I've got says reflectors in front doors. I did the upgrade in my tiguan so I'll probably take the lights out before I trade it in and put the reflector lenses back. its just cost cutting by vw as its only about £50 to do it.

Norbreck21a
16-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Aww crap.

the reason I asked, is in the Golf PDF catalogue I have it mentions door warning lights (as below), and this PDF is dated March 1st ?

02 ambient lighting creates a pleasant interior atmosphere and enhances the sense of spaciousness. lights in the front centre armrest, light strips below the trim in front doors and warning lights in the front doors form the luxurious feel.
standard on gt models.

algarve
16-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Definitely reflectors front and rear.

VW had calls from customers.
They changed the description from warning lights to reflectors.

Norbreck21a
16-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Wonder if the door modules support them, as I did this mod on my current scirocco and to be honest, they do throw out a good deal of light and are very noticeable when the doors are open.

mcmaddy
17-04-2013, 09:14 PM
I would have thought the door modules would support lights but do you really want to start taking door cards off and risk breaking something. I might do it eventually but not straight away.

Norbreck21a
17-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Yeah, why not its only clips and screws ;)

Did it to the Scirocco when it was only 15 minutes old.

mcmaddy
17-04-2013, 09:20 PM
where do you live? you can do mine haha

Evil Dan
18-04-2013, 07:04 PM
The whole inner door lights up light a Christmas tree so I don't know why you'd need it.

There are lights by the door handle and also there is a luminescent strip that runs the length of the door. Also puddle lights if you get the mirror pack.

dickt
19-04-2013, 12:57 PM
EvilDan,
is that fuelly report your actual mpg? Is that from hammering it?