PDA

View Full Version : A7's not selling

shabazmo
15-04-2013, 08:38 PM
It appears that the A7 is not selling as only 69 were registered in the last quarter of last year if the web site below is to be believed. Combined stats (41 models) AUDI A 7 - How Many Left? (http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/combined/audi_a7)

@mark
17-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Not sure your numbers are right

This page suggests that there were 98 new registrations of the S Line Quattro TDI alone AUDI A7 S LINE TDI QUATTRO AUTO - How Many Left? (http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/audi_a7_s_line_tdi_quattro_auto)

That site seems to let itself down on vehicles where there are lots of model variants

But having said that, I don't think anybody ever expects the A7 to sell in huge numbers which is why it's so nice to own one and have something different to everybody else

shabazmo
17-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Mark, Well spotted. I guess we will just have to ignore the figures for now. i will drop the site a note regarding the error. There must be something wrong with the cumulative calculations. I think Audi had a target of 3,500 p.a. ehrn first launched.

towcestervag
18-04-2013, 10:23 PM
why buy a A7 when the A5 looks nicer
and in my opinion the A4 is even better

bod01
21-04-2013, 07:35 PM
because you can and it does look a 100 x better

Igloo
21-04-2013, 07:50 PM
I see about 4 different ones where I live. Can't be that rare.

Guest 2
21-04-2013, 07:52 PM
I see about 4 different ones where I live. Can't be that rare.

x2 - I see two different ones in my local town near enough every day. One SE and one S-Line.

zurichman
10-10-2013, 07:30 PM
According to the dealer I go to the A7 now out sells the A8, easy to see why. Just saying!

razor77
17-10-2013, 10:21 AM
According to the dealer I go to the A7 now out sells the A8, easy to see why. Just saying!

You can buy an A7 at the same price as an A6, when taking into account the promotions and comparing like for like options on sites like OW. Although I got an A6, I would have taken an A7 just for the standard bits, like memory seats. Focused on the A6 Avant, because he indoors said we needed the boot space, I only figured all this out after my order was underway, ironically when looking at the boot shape of both vehicles it would make no difference for my loads.

But yeah I also wish that site could get data to differentiate exact engines, for example I'd be keen to know how many BiTdi A7's and A6's exist on UK roads.

Adrian James
17-10-2013, 10:30 PM
i am wondering if this is good for our residuals in their 'rarity' or the opposite if Audi started to discount them ?

jk88
18-10-2013, 07:00 AM
Most likely makes no difference. With 20% plus discounts the norm now, any depreciation assumptions should start from the discounted price. To give you a guide, my car had dedpreciated by 50% from list when I bought it just over a year old (more if you take the dealer's margin into account). Mine's quite heavily optioned, staying closer to the base spec should help a little. As I've said before, A7s make great used buys.

Davo14
18-10-2013, 10:25 PM
Hi there,

This is my first post !

I'm a saab man but having had the RS6 Plus a few years ago have decided to look at Audi again but this time a diesel.

Just a quick question on the prices for the A7 BiTurbo which I test drove and have to say was fantastic and would without fail be my choice.

My local dealer is discounting circa £11,200 off the £58k price of a black edition !! This is if you buy it through Audi Finance.

To get this deal, I would have had to have ordered the car this week (which I haven't) to ensure delivery before Christmas.

Basis of the deal was essentially a straight £7.5k discount for buying it through Audi Finance and then the balancing £3,700 was being discounted by the dealer because they need to sell cars before christmas to hit their own target (Bonus!!).

Is this a common discount. Have I really missed the boat on the dealers discount element?

thanks

jk88
19-10-2013, 06:24 AM
20% discount is the minimum you should expect at the moment, brokers such as Drive the Deal will better that (£13k off in this case). You can cancel the finance immediately and keep the discount if you prefer (lots of threads on this subject). If you are flexible on spec, there should be plenty of stock cars to choose from already in or about to be in the dealer network for delivery asap.

M1tchy
19-10-2013, 08:22 AM
I took delivery of an A7 BiTDI 5 days ago, and although it has a few rattles that the dealer cant fix (and i fully intend to sort this weekend) it is amazing. I ordered it through Drive the Deal and got (give or take a few quid) a 17k discount. With all the options it came in at 67k but paid just over 50k. I tweaked the finance numerous times until I got the deal I wanted and I really cant complain at the experience, it was so so easy.

Spec your car up on DTD and see if your dealer can get close with the discount. I was skeptical about how easy it was and weather my car would actually turn up but I was contacted by a dealer almost immediately and things went from there. Will definitely but from DTD again and highly recommend the experience. Infact, it was so easy I ordered it while in the middle of Afghanistan!

Adrian James
19-10-2013, 08:48 AM
amazing, the saving is the cost of a new ordinary family car !! :approve:

I took delivery of an A7 BiTDI 5 days ago, and although it has a few rattles that the dealer cant fix (and i fully intend to sort this weekend) it is amazing. I ordered it through Drive the Deal and got (give or take a few quid) a 17k discount. With all the options it came in at 67k but paid just over 50k. I tweaked the finance numerous times until I got the deal I wanted and I really cant complain at the experience, it was so so easy.

Spec your car up on DTD and see if your dealer can get close with the discount. I was skeptical about how easy it was and weather my car would actually turn up but I was contacted by a dealer almost immediately and things went from there. Will definitely but from DTD again and highly recommend the experience. Infact, it was so easy I ordered it while in the middle of Afghanistan!

Davo14
20-10-2013, 03:02 PM
thanks very much for the advice. I can't believe how much you can get knocked off.