PDA

View Full Version : Discover Nav Pro

Norbreck21a
14-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Hi all. Just looking through the price lists and standard MK7 catalogue, and when it comes to the discover Nav pro upgrade, I notice there's no longer any mention of it acting as a wifi hotspot. In some of the original promo material from last year, under the full description of the Nav pro it ended with;

"In addition, the Discover Pro also operates as a WLAN hotspot to enable Internet access for a WLAN-capable mobile device (smart phone or tablet)."

As there's no longer any mention, do we assume this has been dropped or yet another example of VWUK getting the specs wrong. I ask as I'm also considering an Audi A3, however the Audi Connect system also isn't available in the UK, so was wondering if it was something to do with UK regulations that's preventing it from being sold here ?

Evil Dan
14-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Hi all. Just looking through the price lists and standard MK7 catalogue, and when it comes to the discover Nav pro upgrade, I notice there's no longer any mention of it acting as a wifi hotspot. In some of the original promo material from last year, under the full description of the Nav pro it ended with;

"In addition, the Discover Pro also operates as a WLAN hotspot to enable Internet access for a WLAN-capable mobile device (smart phone or tablet)."

My car definitely does not have it and I've checked through

I haven't ever seen the WLAN thing advertised in any VW UK advertising or their website. There might have been something in the press based on the European launch weekend/presentations. It seems that you would need the premium phone prep with cabling to the armrest storage for this to function.

As there's no longer any mention, do we assume this has been dropped or yet another example of VWUK getting the specs wrong. I ask as I'm also considering an Audi A3, however the Audi Connect system also isn't available in the UK, so was wondering if it was something to do with UK regulations that's preventing it from being sold here ?

I don't think that appears in any brochures or pricelists - I've gone through my old ones. It was certainly mentioned in the press articles based on the European launch weekend. It seems you'd need the premium phone prep, which isn't yet available in the UK. Saying that the climate comfort windscreen was highly touted at launch, but has still not become available.

HHGTTG
14-04-2013, 09:37 AM

For a start, don't believe anything you read or see in those catologues. At best go online and have a look at the configurator. I though that my new Golf whenever I order it would at least come with LED DRLs but it doesn't as it is an optional extra with a heavy premium to boot. That's why I am holding back ordering such a new model for at least another 10 months or so.