PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Coupe bodykit

PS3 widow
13-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Hiya,

My 1991 Audi coupe (B3, I think, according to my local Audi garage?) is getting a total facelift, and I've come to a halt in my search for a suitable bodykit for it. I've dreamed of this day for a number of years, but I'm so frustrated now after yet another fruitless search. The problem I'm hitting again and again is trying to distinguish the difference between a bodykit (front and rear bumpers and side skirts) for a B3 and a B4. Does anyone know if indeed there is a difference, and if so where? The bodykit is going to be fitted by a professional bodybuilder, so will be fitted properly. The sites I've been looking around aren't conclusive in their description - some list B3 and B4 for the same item, but yet when I talk with staff, they're adamant that there is a difference, but no-one so far has been able to explain to me what that difference is. I've also been onto my local Audi garage, and the guy there is going to try and find out some info for me too. But hey, I thought out of all the Audi owners on here, someone's bound to know this and can hopefully shed light on this confusion, in order that I can hopefully order a suitable bodykit.

So fellow Audi enthusiasts, can anyone help me? I do hope so :1zhelp:

zollaf
13-04-2013, 08:16 AM
welcome to the forum.
there isn't much difference between a b3 and b4, the obvious one being the bonnet shape, the b4 has the grill as part of the bonnet but you see b3's with b4 bonnets. personally i think a b4 kit would fit, but not certain enough to tell you to spend a few hundred on one only to find it doesn't.

PS3 widow
13-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Thanks for your reply Zollaf. My hubby thinks the B4 kit will fit, but I don't want to give the bodybuilder/painter any un-necessary agro. Excuse my ignorance, but according to your post do you have a coupe or a saloon (can't see that from your picture), but I notice you say you have a coupe bumper fitted? Can you tell me about that, which bumper is fitted to your car?

zollaf
13-04-2013, 10:32 AM
i have an avant with a coupe front bumper fitted, both b4. its a straightforwards swop only requiring 2 rivnut inserts to be fitted to pre existing holes in the front wings. the headlamps are coupe, well, s2 avants actually, and again its just a straight swop requiring one wire to be changed on the switch. this is the thing with old audis, they are all the same but look totally different.