PDA

View Full Version : What to buy A6 2.0TDI or A6 2.7TDI or A4 2.0TDI

sanstorm999
26-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Hello All,
I normally reside in the A4 B5 section as thats what we currently own.

Your help and advice would be much appreciated.

I am seriously thinking of buying a late model A6 Avant Diesel or just another later model A4 Avant diesel.

My ideal car would be a A6 Avant 2.7TDI Tiptronic, but maybe manual is better, read some worrying posts regarding Tiptronic boxes reliability?

I need extra space as the kids are getting bigger (by the minute) and our current petrol A4 Avant seems a bit cramped at the back already = A6

I need good fuel economy, hence the switch to diesel = A4

I would like a jump in power as I do a lot of motorway driving and hauling the family around = A6 or A4

Is it worth the extra dosh for the A6 over the A4 equivalent. We used to own a Audi 100, am I right in thinking this is the same sort of size as the A6

I just don't know HELP please :confused:

Cheers

Ant

adamss24
26-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Manual gearboxex are less if no maintenance... If i have to be sensible, i would go for the a4 2.0 TDI avant or vw passat 2.0 TDI estate , but if money is no problem, i would buy the a6 3.0 TDI. It comes with a lot off toys as standard and its a quattro. It would be a bit more costly but more rewarding as well. Try to drive both cars and see how they feel and handle. The 2.7 tdi is ok as well, but a bit underpowered in my opinion, as the 2.0 Tdi pushes 170 Bhp and is less frugal as well, but you will love that silky smooth v6 engine !

sanstorm999
27-08-2007, 04:51 AM
Hi adamss24,
I noticed you replied to my other thread as well thank you.
As I mentioned I am seriously leaning towards the A6 2.7 TDI, but they are rare on the ground for a decent spec one.

I have noticed lots of A6 2.0 TDI's for sale all over. So I will ask any A6 owners out there, are they underpowered for the size of vehicle or just popular high-end fleet cars hence the qty for sale?

Needless to say I would love to take the plunge and get the A6 3.0 TDI as it must be awesome to drive, but how can I justify the expense as I am changing car to get better fuel economy among others and this seems to drink about the same amount of fuel as our 7 year old A4 1.8 Petrol. The 2.7 seems much better fuel economy.

Does Quattro make that much difference to the drive, I will have to setup a test drive of both I suppose.

However, your comments would be more than welcome!

cheers for reading my woes

Ant

sanstorm999
28-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi adamss24
reading you comments you make a damn good argument for the 3.0 TDI. I would get it if I could convince myself that the Fuel bill and Road Tax were acceptable!?!?

No thanks to the VW you mention, unfortunately we are firm Audi fans and would not consider another make of car. This maybe quite narrow viewed but we have owned an Audi for over 10 years now and they (the cars) have been really good for us, not to mention we love there styling.

cheers

ant