PDA

View Full Version : RNS-E Retrofit Help

mrdoogery
11-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Good afternoon all

I am after some help regarding my recent RNS-E retrofit I have done.

I have a 2007 A4, which had the Audi Concert standard double din single cd unit installed originally.

Since owning the car, I have had fitted a Connect 2 Ipod aux input and also a Motorola Bluetooth TK30 – both of which are intelinked and working in harmony.

The RNS-E was pretty much a straight forward job, as it used all the same connection points as the previous headunit.

The only alteration I made was moving the Connect 2 earth off the headunit itself (fitted to a screw) to the fuse box area, where I sanded down to expose metal and fitted accordingly.

Reason for this is that I had high pitched whinning when I accelerated, which I assumed was to do with the grounding. I tried a ground loop isolator but all that did was lessen the sound quality. Still to resolve this issue completely.

Anyway, the main problem I have is with the RNS-E unit.

Everything works as it should, BUT when I press CD the unit freezes (in order to access the connects 2 ipod via the cd changer port). I cannot access any of the menus, and all buttons apart from the volume are locked. The music from the connect 2 is coming through the speakers, but I am no longer able to navigate back to radio, nav, etc. A reset to the unit does free it up, but the issue continues when I press CD again.

When the Earth for the connect2 is removed (disconnecting the connect 2) the unit works fine.

It is such a small problems as I am on the edge of everything being as it should – and I am sure it is a simple fix. Does it need coding?

I have a 2009 disc installed, which will be replaced with a 2013 backup CD I have purchased from ebay, and I believe the software is 0650 – so the latest I understand.

I am hoping there might be someone around with VAGCOM to help me (Ramsgate, Kent)

Thanks in advance J