PDA

View Full Version : Paint protection film

Pommyboi
11-04-2013, 02:22 PM
I have already got a few small chips on the front of the car which being White shows up as black. It's understandable but a bit annoying, I'm not sure how it will look after 3 years so I looked at paint protection film and thought I'd share the quotes I have had. I'm not linked to the companies in any way!

Quote no. 1

Xpel Ultimate "self-healing" film - a unique film exclusive to Paintshield in the UK, where should the film be scratched, e.g., swirl marks, these will heal over a short period of time, or healing is instant when hot water is poured over the affected area. The film will protect your vehicle from stone chipping, minor scuffs and abrasions and has a clear gloss topcoat making it virtually invisible when installed on a car. The film is also resistant to vandalism and atmospheric pollution.

Standard kit: Bumper, part bonnet (wrapped edges), part wings (inner edges wrapped) wing mirrors: £525.00 + vat
Full Front kit: Bumper, full bonnet (wrapped edges), full wings (inner edges wrapped), wing mirrors: £1100.00 + vat

I have read very good reviews on this film

Quote no 2
3M Ventureshield

Bumper, full bonnet and lights £700+ VAT (they might have been able to loose the VAT to a private customer though a discount)

In the end too expensive for me but a great idea, something I might add to my Aston Martin when I win the lottery.