Readiness: N/A

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 03: ABS Brakes
Controller: 1C0 907 379 D
Component: ASR FRONT MK60 0103
Coding: 0021505
Shop #: WSC 01317
1 Fault Found:
00285 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Front Right (G45)
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit

The first Fault 18080... I can't seem to find it on the RossTech Wiki... any ideas what wire/cable I should be looking for?

The second fault (according to the wiki) is immobilisre related. Previously I have had problems where my one and only key won't start the car and the immo just kicks in. Then I just try again with the same key and it starts. I've read on one forum that this can be solved by 'cold booting' - removing both battery cables and shorting them together for about 30secs (away from the battery). Any views on that? I don't wana fry the electrics in my car.

The ABS brake... I'm hoping thats just the sensor that needs pushing back in (or even replacing)... could it be anything else?

It wouldn't let me clear the faults. I'm using shareware 409.1 but I though you could still clear DTCs.

Finally, I've got an airbag fault and VAGCOM won't read the controller. Before doing Auto scan a pop-up msg warns me that certain airbags for 2001 golf/bora can't be read.

Does that mean even new versions (704.1) won't be able to clear airbag fault on my car? Hope I don't gots to go to a *******

Thanks

Col
26-08-2007, 04:40 PM
The faults;

Open circuit or short to ground is exactly that. The fault could be anywhere in the ciruit, also check the sensor in the rad and / or temporarily by-pass it t check the fan works.

Abs sensor; the cables, usually the fronts can get brittle and break but usually the problem is with the sensor itself.

As for later versions, they work fine with the airbags, Ross-tech have ironed out the issues.

Loofer
26-08-2007, 04:46 PM
The faults;

Open circuit or short to ground is exactly that. The fault could be anywhere in the ciruit, also check the sensor in the rad and / or temporarily by-pass it t check the fan works.

Abs sensor; the cables, usually the fronts can get brittle and break but usually the problem is with the sensor itself.

As for later versions, they work fine with the airbags, Ross-tech have ironed out the issues.

Thanks for the reply BigCol. Being the motor illiterate person I am... where is the radiator sensor and how does one attempt to by-pass it?

I'm I right about not being able to clear DTCs with shareware? I knew there was limited functionality, but I was under the impression it could still clear fault codes.:confused:

Loofer
28-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Managed to clear my Airbag Fault today.

Can't clear the ABS fault. Can't reset service indicator. £50 for the activation is worth it, I was considering waiting and saving up for the new Hex Can Bus cable @ £175 (plus potential Import Duty)

Loofer
30-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Well I finally I've finally got the registered/activated version of 409.1

It manages to find more faults using AutoScan on with this version incl:

Address 46: Central Conv.
Controller: 1J0 959 799 AH
Component: 2L Zentral-SG Komf. 0001
Coding: 04097
Shop #: WSC 00434
2 Faults Found:
00943 - Heated Exterior Mirror: Driver Side (Z4)
35-10 - - - Intermittent
00944 - Heated Exterior Mirror: Passenger Side (Z5)
35-00 - -

A bit dunbious as I thought I didn't have Heated mirrors on mine. The switch is either L, R or 0. I thought the heated option had 0 replaced by a symbol similar to demisters.

Finally, I was unable to 'Clear all DTCs'. Got a popup message saying 'Profssional Grade Interface required for this action'!!

I'm a bit miffed after spending £50.

AutoTDI
31-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Finally, I was unable to 'Clear all DTCs'. Got a popup message saying 'Profssional Grade Interface required for this action'!!

Don't lose heart! It is true that you cannot use the "Clear all DTCs" function without the Professional Grade interface and this is made clear in the manual. However, you can clear DTCs one-by-one by calling up the individual modules; it just takes a bit longer. The manual doesn't make this distinction clear.

Loofer
31-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Don't lose heart! It is true that you cannot use the "Clear all DTCs" function without the Professional Grade interface and this is made clear in the manual. However, you can clear DTCs one-by-one by calling up the individual modules; it just takes a bit longer. The manual doesn't make this distinction clear.

Aah fantastic. Thanks for that:beerchug:

I tried clearing the ABS fault, the light went off for a split second then back on again. That confirms that it is a constant fault rather than just when driven.Might take the wheel off over the weekend and have a look at the sensor. Might just be a WD40 job.

AutoTDI
31-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Glad to be of help, Loofer. Like you, I was also a bit miffed after parting with my money and then discovering some "failings" of the software, but over time I've learnt a few things about the software and I think its well worth the price. BTW, on other threads, there is frequent mention of ABS sensor failures, so it could be worth doing a search on that topic.

Loofer
31-08-2007, 09:41 PM
I originally bought this beacuse I need to diagnose clear some faults then later on at some point code a key and activate cruise control.

What else can I use this software for with regards to checking the health of my car. I'm guessing things like boost, pressure, timing etc.

I wouldn't know what the ouputs would mean so I would be posting them on this forum so other readers can tell me what they mean and if they are within safe parameters.

AutoTDI
01-09-2007, 03:16 PM
What else can I use this software for with regards to checking the health of my car. I'm guessing things like boost, pressure, timing etc.

I wouldn't know what the ouputs would mean so I would be posting them on this forum so other readers can tell me what they mean and if they are within safe parameters.
Have you downloaded a copy of the user manual? The Timing Checker is quite useful. Also, fault codes are usually accompanied by a brief description of the fault.

onzarob
01-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Well I finally I've finally got the registered/activated version of 409.1

It manages to find more faults using AutoScan on with this version incl:

Address 46: Central Conv.
Controller: 1J0 959 799 AH
Component: 2L Zentral-SG Komf. 0001
Coding: 04097
Shop #: WSC 00434
2 Faults Found:
00943 - Heated Exterior Mirror: Driver Side (Z4)
35-10 - - - Intermittent
35-00 - -

A bit dunbious as I thought I didn't have Heated mirrors on mine. The switch is either L, R or 0. I thought the heated option had 0 replaced by a symbol similar to demisters.

The heated mirrors on mine switch on with the rear window. no heated symbol on the remote control button.

Don't Ross tech discount what you've paid already if you buy the proper cable?

Loofer
01-09-2007, 07:10 PM
The heated mirroe on mine switch on with the rear window. no heated symbol on the remote control button.

Don't Ross tech discount what you've paid already if you buy the proper cable?

It's a dumbe interface I bought from eshrules. But they do rebate £50 activation fee if you you upgrade to the new interface.

I jus need to find out whats up with my mirrors now. RossWiki says:

[edit (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php?title=00944&action=edit&section=2)]
Possible Symptoms

Mirror Heating doesn't work [edit (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php?title=00944&action=edit&section=3)]
Possible Causes

Wiring and/or connections faulty
Mirror Heating faulty [edit (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php?title=00944&action=edit&section=4)]
Possible Solutions

Check if 12V on mirror connections is present
Replace Mirror (Z5) [edit (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php?title=00944&action=edit&section=5)]
Special Notes

Sometimes the switch button for the mirror has 'L', 'R' and '0'. When switched on '0' the mirror heating is on!Don't want to be dismantling my mirrors now. Must be a central connection if both sides have registered fault codes

onzarob
01-09-2007, 07:21 PM
I would check each miiror first, it a circuit on the back of each, and is know to fail, could easily have both out. In my audi book the control knob can be in any postion and not effect the heating of the mirrors.

I think one guy on here mended the circuit on the back of a mirrot but i don't think they cost to much in the first place..