PDA

View Full Version : Question Keyless entry stopped working

skymaster
09-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Hi

I have keyless entry and start. The keyless entry on the doors has totally stopped working, it still works on the boot lid, and the car can still be started using the button.

It did stop working last year (when the car was in warranty), but before I even had a chance to call Audi it just started working again. It has in the past also been a bit temperamental but often starting the car with the key (rather than button) would resolve it (or maybe it was just coincidence) ...

Any ideas what this might be?

Guest 2
09-04-2013, 02:52 PM
You would need a fault code scan done.

Possibly a faulty door sensor but without a scan I'm guessing.

troc
10-04-2013, 09:26 AM
It's almost certainly a faulty door sensor (or sensors). If your car is an early-ish one (up to mid 2010 I think), then it has crappy sensors which crack up in use and get wet and short out. There are replacements which are much better. If one fails completely, it takes all 4 doors out of commission.

If unser warranty, Audi will replace them. if not it's an easy DIY job of 10-15 minutes a door. There are two sligtly different models of replacement sensor so you need to make sure you get the right one(s), it's all down to chassis number.

But indeed a VAG-COM scan would be sensible to make sure it's not a fault in the door transceivers or something.

skymaster
10-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks, yes, car is a 2008 model a very early S line 3.0 TDI...

troc
10-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Check this discussion out - there should be some links to sites with instructions and a discussion about the correct sensors to use.

B8 Advanced Key Stopped Working? - Page 3 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?134904-B8-Advanced-Key-Stopped-Working/page3)

skymaster
24-04-2013, 12:56 PM
OK, The car is in the body shop for some remedial painting (long story)... and I asked them to look into this. They have done a scan and confirmed the sensor in drivers door is at fault. However they say a new handle is needed?!?! ... is this right??? If that's true it will obviously need painting :-( ... It would seem logical to me that the sensors fit inside the handle... If anyone knows it's going to be a real help as the cost difference between a new sensor versus new sensor & handle + painting it is significant.

Cheers

Plife
24-04-2013, 02:09 PM
No handle needed, just the sensor. I have had all 4 replaced now and always just the sensor needed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2