PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Make Your Mk1 Gti Go Faster For Peanuts? Knowledge Is Power!

mr brightside
26-08-2007, 03:03 PM
seeing as i'm new to the forum, i would like to if i may share some information which a lot of people believe to be untrue.

put and audi 80 sport fuelling system on your mk1 gti and it'll go like the clappers,that's the mid 80's 80 sport saloon which in most cases shared the DX engine with the golf.

the system on the audi is the same K-Jet affair but the injectors are bigger,the metering head runs at about 12psi more, and the throttle body has a larger second butterfly. in addition you'll need the control pressure regulator aswell.

all the stuff fits straight on apart from you'll need to re-grind the golf inlet manifold chamber to accommodate the larger butterfly,alternatively you could fit the audi manifold but you'll have to recess the bulkhead to accommodate the warm up injector. when fitting the injectors i found it's simpler to tickle off the obstructing flange with a file father than remove the mounting plugs from the head for modification.use new injector o-rings.

when you find your audi system be sure to split the injector unions and check for signs of rust, water ingress is fatal to K-Jet systems. don't worry about the fuel pump not being able to generate the extra pressure i think they can generate a dead head pressure of about 90psi.

when i first tried this i estimated the power increase to be something like 10 BHP but as you can appreciate it's hard to judge. do the work and feel the G's!