PDA

View Full Version : help needed

simbabull
26-08-2007, 02:59 PM
HEY GUYS I NEED SOME HELP!
I NOT LONG BOUGHT AND AUDI 2.0 16V COUPE AND HAVE NOTICED THERE IS WATER ON THE FLOOR BEHIND THE DRIVERS SEAT! THE FELLA I BOUGHT THE CAR FROM SAYS ITS FROM WHEN HE NEVER CLOSED THE WINDOW TOTALY A FEW WEEKS BACK! IF HES TELLING A FIB WHERE WOULD THE WATER BE COMMING FROM?
ALSO WHEN I PUT THE INDICATORS ON THE HAZARDS COME ON INSTEAD! WHAT COULD THIS BE AND ARE THESE 2 COMMON FAULTS
LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR ADVICE GUYS

Coupe16v
26-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Unfortunately I have the same problem with mine, and I'm still trying to find the root of the problem :mad:

adamss24
26-08-2007, 07:50 PM
If the car has a sun roof, check the drains as they tend to get blocked with age...Run a hose over the car and see where is the water seeping trough.

Coupe16v
26-08-2007, 08:48 PM
If the car has a sun roof, check the drains as they tend to get blocked with age...Run a hose over the car and see where is the water seeping trough.

Thanks, but where are they?

simbabull
26-08-2007, 08:58 PM
mine doesnt have a sun roof.i have read on here that the rear light seals can go and was thinking cos the car slightly leans towards the front is the water gathering behind the drivers seat? or maybe the fella i got the car from is telling the truth! anyone got any ideas to my idicators making the hazards come on instead of the single indication?

johnny74
28-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I also have a problem with water getting into mine when it rains heavily and am still trying to get it sorted, but i also have slight electrical problems in the area of the leak. I traced mine to rust under the windscreen seals, fixed the rust problem but somehow water is still getting in. I'll be interested to here where you find your leak.

If you use a hose to try and find the leaks it makes sense to me that it should be a gentle water flow rather than blasting the car.

simbabull
28-08-2007, 01:21 PM
im gonna try the hose treatment later on and will let you know what i find.im begining to wish i hadnt bought the car as these things can get expensive.at the same time this is the cleanest engine ive seen on a 2.0 16v and it goes very well to,but i put £15 in it and have got 45 miles and its not far off from starting to touch red on the gauge! what sort of mileage are you guys getting? as it looks like i will be lucky to get 90 miles to £15 which i think is very poor as i havent been hammering the car!
i wonder if the indicator stem is buggered and giving me the hazard light problem when i indicate?

johnny74
28-08-2007, 02:20 PM
£15 for 45 miles? There must be something wrong somewhere. I have an 1985 2 litre auto and even I get a lot more than that. I tend to get 20p per mile so I would expect 75 miles from mine at least and mine is really thirsty.

simbabull
28-08-2007, 02:44 PM
well ive not actualy hit the red yet,but i think im looking at around 80-90 max on £15.im sure i used to get 100 to £15 in my audi 80 2.0 16v and thats when fuel went stupid and there was the petrol strikes! im just getting ready to put the hose on the car. where was your car leaking from when you had your problem around the windowscreen?? was it leaking down your drivers footwell or the passengers? i hope thats not where mines leaking from.

mluton
28-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I know alot of the water on the floor threads, is caused by bloked pollen filters.

Leaves and rubbish block the drain and the water makes its way into the car, ussually seen coming up from the carpets.

have a look at your pollen filter to see if its blocked.

johnny74
28-08-2007, 10:30 PM
I have seen water coming from the carpets and did wonder where it was coming from. How bizarre.