PDA

View Full Version : A6 Avant Black Edition - Daytona Grey or Ice Silver

matte100
08-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Hi All,

Would be grateful for any advice and views. Have just put a deposit down on a New A6 Avant 2.0TDI Black Edition Multitronic. Dilemma is colour as originally thought I wanted Ibis White but have been put off as have been told solid paint chips and scratches easier than metallic. I have gone for a post production car as need one in a few weeks so have an option of Daytona Grey vs Ice Silver vs Phatom Black.

Have discounted the black as although black is great, I personally think its too much with the black edition.

What's are your thoughts on what looks better, Daytona Grey or Ice Silver? Thanks

Rhyddin
08-04-2013, 08:22 PM
I've ordered my black edition A6 avant in solid black (I love that black overload and I don't think metallics show up chips less but they are harder to neatly touch up!) but if that's not your thing then I can definitely vouch for Daytona grey. I had an a4 Avant s line in that colour and it looked fantastic! My current BMW 5 series is silver and looks great but also blends in too much. Your new car has 20" wheels - it shouldn't blend in! Enjoy either way.

matte100
08-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Thanks Ryyddin for your quick reply. It's perosnal preference at the end of the day and all black is just not my thing. I am leaning towards the grey but I had a 320d M Sport in Grey which i loved at the time but part of me fancies a change but the other part knows the grey looks great. I'm undecided how the silver will compliment the matt black grill and roof rails etc.

Guest 2
08-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Welcome to VWAF ;)

I'd be having a look at the current used cars for inspiration

Used car search < Used cars < Audi UK (http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator-search.html)

Marks car has the 20" Rotors but is a saloon but its in Ice Silver

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?133775-C7-Pictures&highlight=

Whippy53
08-04-2013, 08:40 PM
My personal choice would be the ice silver, makes the car look bigger and suits it really well.

EvilPostIt
08-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Have you got pictures to post? I have ordered the black edition in Daytona grey and he seen a few examples of ice silver and thought it looked very nice. I think mfgf has the ice silver version with the 20" alloys which might give you an idea.

EvilPostIt
08-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Looks like chris beat me to it!

Dra22
08-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi, I pondered on those 2 colour options also for a saloon, I too coming from a grey metallic, in my case an A4 (akoya silver), likewise I wanted a change. The silver gives the A6 more visual size, and is now less common due to the popular white options out there. I saw it in an avant and it did look nice, the ice look to its metallic finish does make it different to a normal silver. The Daytona would be more subtle and go well with the two tone rotors, iirc. Best advice is to see some cars in the flesh, Sunday drive out to some dealers. Otherwise go with your gut, which I guess is what you ordered, so maybe job done!

edit, link to some pics of Daytona grey http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/our-cars/audi-a6/moving-up-in-the-world/

MFGF
08-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Personally, I'd go for the Ice Silver. :) Oh... wait... I already did :)

MF.

Guest 2
08-04-2013, 10:17 PM

MF.

And have done for how long? ;)

belly buster
08-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Daytona pic from this forum:

Daytona Grey - Page 2 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?141865-Daytona-Grey&p=788107#post788107)

MFGF
09-04-2013, 11:54 AM
And have done for how long? ;)

Ummmm. Can't be long at all, can it? I'm only 29, y'know ;)

Jwjaudi
10-04-2013, 07:04 AM

MF.

I'd go for the Daytona. Oh wait.... I already did.....

Had it 2 days and it looks fab.

Guest 2
10-04-2013, 07:06 AM
Ummmm. Can't be long at all, can it? I'm only 29, y'know ;)

Ah yes! That's right! How silly of me! :rolleyes:

Will reply to your PM this afternoon :)

Jwjaudi
10-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Have had my Daytona A6 Avant Black edition for 3 days now. It's a great colour, and looks good with the black trim and 20in wheels

EvilPostIt
11-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Have had my Daytona A6 Avant Black edition for 3 days now. It's a great colour, and looks good with the black trim and 20in wheels

Please post some pictures of the Daytona Grey. I have been waiting ages to see one of the as mine is coming in a few weeks!

Allroad_2013
11-04-2013, 11:12 AM
I like the Daytona grey and just wished it had been an option for our Allroad (without paying £2150 (:eek:) for an Audi Exclusive colour).

It reminds me of BMW's Dolphin Grey that was popular in the 80's.

pitch3110
14-04-2013, 07:30 PM
My Black Editiion A5 coupe is in Daytona and it is a stunning colour and suits the wheels great.

Now the sun is starting to shine it brings a whole new dimension to the colour.

Enjoy

ta
Pitch

man le-mans
14-04-2013, 07:50 PM
I had Daytona grey on my last A6 C6 le-mons which I know is a different car but it does look the nuts and don't show as much dirt

matte100
07-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I opted for Ice Silver in the end and am picking it up this evening. Can't wait!

MFGF
07-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I opted for Ice Silver in the end and am picking it up this evening. Can't wait!

Great choice! :) Enjoy the car!!

Guest 2
07-05-2013, 06:42 PM
x2, great choice!

I'm a fan of Ice Silver too!

Make sure to post some pics :)

rickerby
19-03-2014, 12:14 AM
What I or anyone else thinks doesn't matter a damn, it's you car, pick the colour you like best! That said and purely IMHO any one of these colours has pros and cons. Black looks sophisticated but is murder to keep clean. Daytona Grey is a staple Audi colour but can look a bit heavy handed on a big car like the A6 and again needs to be clean. Silver gives the car a technical appearance and helps the lines of the car stand out. Audi obviously agrees as nearly every promotional shot of the car is in Ice Silver. Under leaden British sky's though it can look washed out.

ukgroucho
19-03-2014, 03:42 AM
I like the Daytona grey and just wished it had been an option for our Allroad (without paying £2150 (:eek:) for an Audi Exclusive colour).

It reminds me of BMW's Dolphin Grey that was popular in the 80's.

YES AND YES... My old C6 was "Atlas Grey" which was pretty similar to Daytona and i loved it... and I had a BMW K100RS in Dolphin Grey that I owned for 7 or 8 years :)

Passatier3
19-03-2014, 02:37 PM
What I or anyone else thinks doesn't matter a damn, it's you car, pick the colour you like best! That said and purely IMHO any one of these colours has pros and cons. Black looks sophisticated but is murder to keep clean. Daytona Grey is a staple Audi colour but can look a bit heavy handed on a big car like the A6 and again needs to be clean. Silver gives the car a technical appearance and helps the lines of the car stand out. Audi obviously agrees as nearly every promotional shot of the car is in Ice Silver. Under leaden British sky's though it can look washed out.

What suddenly prompted this post! Bit late in the day methinks! :biglaugh: