PDA

View Full Version : mk4 golf gt150tdi

med roberts
26-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi ,
I have purchased a vw mk4 golf gt150tdi yesterday (my first vw,my wife has owned two previous golfs before -she has converted me!) with 35,000 miles on the clock on a 53 reg.Looking over it this morrning I could see engine oil leaking from the pipes both sides of the intercooler.I have taken them both off and cleaned them but I am worried by this.Does this engine suffer from oil leakage past the turbo shaft seals?Or is the turbo on the way out(no loss of performance noticed) The air filter is spotless.Somebdy in work has told me that these engines do use a small amount of oil, is this the cause? Any VAG TECHNICIANS can put my mind @ ease ?

gellyone
08-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Hi,

I have a 53' plate 4 motion passat 1.9 pd 130bhp and that has exactly the same, I am not sure but it looks pretty standard, my wife had an 90 bhp tdi golf with exactly the same oil around the intercooler, both cars run extremely well, with standard oil consumption on both cars. I have cleaned it out but it builds up again ...

Hope this helps ?

gellyone

mobitune
04-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Seems to be quite common, some people actually clean their intercooler out with kerosene occasionally.

Pete