PDA

View Full Version : Bash! Again!

MFGF
05-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Well... It happened again. What are the chances? Twice now in a four-month period, someone has run into the back of my car!

This time was far less severe, thankfully. It looks like only light damage to the bumper cover. Bizarrely it was a tiny Citroen C1 that caused lots of damage the last time, but this time it was a big Transit and it did very little!

http://image.ibb.co/f95evF/IMG_2296_zpsb7de268a.jpg
http://image.ibb.co/dUXRaF/IMG_2298_zpsc6e9c5c3.jpg

This time it's being sent to Howard Basford in Crewe for repairs. They are taking a look at the damage on Tuesday, and we will take things from there.

Ho hum.

MF.

EvilPostIt
05-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Oh no! Your really not having a lot of luck with drivers behind you! Maybe you should put some kind of warning sticker on? ;)

Good luck with the repairs hopefully it will be done first time!

MFGF
05-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Oh no! Your really not having a lot of luck with drivers behind you! Maybe you should put some kind of warning sticker on? ;)

Ha! I think they must get distracted by the VWAudiforum.co.uk sticker in my back window! :)

Good luck with the repairs hopefully it will be done first time!

Thanks! I really hope so!

MF.

EvilPostIt
05-04-2013, 05:52 PM
How about some sort of automated Gatling gun that fires if a 1 foot barrier is breached?

Brycie
05-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Very sorry to hear that again MF, I can't believe your luck.

Have you considered becoming a full time crash test dummy for Audi? I'd say you're almost fully trained up already!

MFGF
05-04-2013, 06:08 PM
How about some sort of automated Gatling gun that fires if a 1 foot barrier is breached?

If I could get one, I'd be a happy muppet! :)

Very sorry to hear that again MF, I can't believe your luck.

Have you considered becoming a full time crash test dummy for Audi? I'd say you're almost fully trained up already!

Thanks! :) At least there are no squeaks or rattles - even after two rear-end shunts. The car doesn't squeak or rattle either ;)

MF.

Brycie
05-04-2013, 06:26 PM
Ever the optimist, I like it. That really is something though, you'd have expected one or two squeaks with the panels being bent out of shape/place.

Guest 2
05-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Jeez!

Welcome back stranger!!

There's me organizing another search party for you!

You seem to have no luck with your C7 at all, suppose that's the same with me and the A3?

Hope it's rectified first time!

gupsterg
05-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Hi Mark,

:yikes:... sorry to see this :( ...

Perhaps carry a collection of good luck charms?

ATB
G

Eshrules
06-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Just so you know, Howard Basford are the morons that broke the hub on mine when replacing the bearing and then tried to charge for the part they'd broken.

They also raised invoices payable without full disclosure of charges.

My employer was less than impressed with their work ethics...

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=131810

Be on your guard, you should be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

MFGF
08-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Sigh. Thanks for the warning, Esh. I'm between a rock and a hard place. Fix Autocentre in Market Drayton made a mess of my C6. Ashbourne Accident Repair Centre made a bad job of the previous repair to my C7. These are the other two "local" repair centres used by FMG, and I don't want my car to go back to either of them. They will tell me I need to give Howard Basford a chance if I ask for the car to go somewhere different. I'm going there to get the damage assessed tomorrow.

Oh dear. I have another bad feeling. Sigh.

MF.

MFGF
09-04-2013, 02:25 PM
I took the car to Howard Basford today to be assessed. The guy said they will probably replace the bumper cover, and that there appears to be no damage underneath. He took some photos, and said they will let me know once it's been cleared for repair. It's certainly a lot closer to where I love than the last place in Ashbourne! :)

MF.

MFGF
09-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Wow! Swift work! Howard Basford just called me, and my car has been given the go-ahead for repair. It is booked in next Thursday (18th April).

MF.

MFGF
20-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Well, my car went in on 18th as planned. I am in a BMW 520d auto at the moment. It's nice, but I do prefer my A6! The initial estimate is for me to get my A6 back on Monday afternoon, complete with new rear bumper. If the car passes their QC checks I will have it back when they say. The big question is, will it pass my QC checks? :)

MF.

Guest 2
20-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Fingers and toes crossed, Mark! :)

MFGF
21-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Fingers and toes crossed, Mark! :)

Thanks Chris!

fernar
22-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Really sorry to hear this - I can understand the frustration you must be going through.... what were these people doing...!!!

MFGF
23-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Thanks! I got my car back yesterday afternoon, then immediately set off to Warwick in it. I haven't had chance for a really close look, but it seems ok at first glance...

MF.

Guest 2
23-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Hopefully its tip top!