PDA

View Full Version : battery question

geordie1
04-04-2013, 10:10 PM
As I am a not too knowledgable Audi owner I was looking for some really basic advice..I have noticed a few small things starting to happen when I get in the car for example the radio doesnt come on auto anymore even if I use the method in the handbook sometimes the driver door hasnt opened only a couple of times this has happened but the rest have.Then starting hasnt been smooth it seams to struggle .Now tonight when I got in the car tonight the lights being on auto they didnt come on and the car struggled to start but when it did after a minute a light malfunction sign come up but after switching them off and on they worked.I am fairly sure a new battery is required therefore if I can get it going tomorrow I will go to some generic chain garage to pick one up but my concern is when the battery is removed does all the presets in the car reset or is there a internal small memory battery that retains any presets..As this will determine where a take it

cheers

Guest 2
04-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Everything will remain the same, no key info etc will be lost.

But you will have to reset the one touch for the windows - press and hold each button up and down for a few seconds job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

geordie1
04-04-2013, 10:13 PM
great cheers