PDA

View Full Version : Discoveries in the fisrt week of ownership

aldfort
02-04-2013, 07:55 PM
1) The handbook does not explain the actual detail of many of the functions. You need to experiment.
2) You can't adjust the door mirrors while moving on a UK spec 2013 model year car.
3) To make a door mirror tilt down when you engage reverse the mirror adjuster knob on the drivers door card need to be turned to face the mirror you'd like to dip. (only on models with folding mirrors)
4) If you want the jukebox to show the album art you need to make sure the .mp3 files have the right meta-tags. If they were ripped in Windows Media Player they won't have even if you can see the album art in Windows media player.
5) if a rear seatbelt is fastened you can't tilt the seats forward from the boot area.

I'll post some more when I discover them.

Guest 2
02-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Hope you're enjoying the car :)

But where are the pics?!

You're bound to have cleaned it by now?

aldfort
03-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Hope you're enjoying the car :)

But where are the pics?!

You're bound to have cleaned it by now?

Now that I have mastered starting the vehicle things are looking up. I washed it for the first time yesterday. I'm not sure what sort of QD the dealer must have used prior to delivery but it's going to take a bit more shining up before there are pics. Perhaps later today if the sun keeps shining.

josedebardi
31-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Hey aldfort, small world!

I can only make the passenger mirror dip in reverse...
Is it the same on yours or will the drivers side also go of you turn the knob the right way?
For now I have set seat memory 1 as normal mirrors and 2 as same seat position and drivers mirror dipped - but it's not an ideal solution.
I find it annoying you have to move the knob at all as I often forget and then you don't get heated wing mirrors...

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aldfort
31-05-2013, 05:05 PM
So you've crept over here then? Mrs A lurks on here as she has a VW. Yes mirror only dips when reverse is selected but I can dip whichever mirror I select. However it does seem that I need to pick the mirror before engaging reverse gear. I'm starting to think there is no "standard" coding for a lot of this stuff and when I asked some folks from Audi UK the other day they didn't exactly contradict me. But then these are people who won't turn on functions that are already on the car unless you pony up more cash. You are right that the better solution would be to allow you to select the mirror to dip on the MMI. My previous CR-V had a much better logic surrounding the use of the folding / dipping mirror but it was standard fit on a Honda. The whole rear camera / parking sensors / park assist / dipping mirror thing is poorly integrated on the Audi which is a little disappointing.

aldfort
31-05-2013, 05:12 PM
The other thing I've discovered is that the key and starting the engine is not foolproof. Sometimes the same sequence of events leaves you with the ignition on but the engine not fired up. Much the same with the stop start - sometimes pressing the clutch down does not re-start the engine. It's happened to me three times in 2000 miles. Once more and it's going to the dealer. It's not a fault in as much as the car puts a message on the DIS to tell you it failed to start the engine so it's brain knows it's cocked up.

josedebardi
31-05-2013, 05:31 PM
I'll have another play as I really want the drivers side to dip automatically in reverse... If it doesn't I'll get the dealer to look at it. Might read the manual as well and see if it says it should, if it does I should be able to get them to fix it no issues.