PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control

bmwdumptruck
01-04-2013, 09:56 PM
Having had our 02 1.9 tdi for 5 1/2 years and taking her up to 135k we've been keeping an eye out for a good last of the old style replacement, as we don't like the new ones transit doors and none removable seats. By chance we've just found a late 59 plate with only 28k and its in our favoured red :Blush:. However, we really wanted cruise control on a new one, which this one still lacks.

Now I know there's a few genuine vw guys that help out on here, so is it possible to add it guys? I have found a company that says they can for £170 plus vat using genuine parts and 2 years warranty. But that makes me think it must be a pretty simple fit just needing the switch and an ecu of some kind maybe??

Guest 2
01-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Most of it is labour.

It requires the removal of the steering wheel and all of the outer trim and you're left with a near bare rack to install the new switch.

Ad of course the safety aspect due tithe removal of the airbag.

I fitted cruise to my A3 and it really wasn't that hard but I did do a lot of research before hand and had to pluck up the courage to remove the wheel and airbag.

kite
01-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Just the stalk and a code change.
There might be someone on here who is near you to do the coding.
Have a look in the VCDS section.

I wish I could tpye...

bmwdumptruck
03-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Well we've just heard we've got the go ahead on the necessary finance, so its just a matter of time and well be collecting the new one. The wife's decided I have enough jobs waiting for my attentions so she's going to pay the company to fit the switch, and possibly a Parrot system too.