PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Phone connection in centre arm rest

Enders
01-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Hi.

I have just brought an A4 avant. It has a centre arm rest in the front and has phone connection kit in it.

I have an iPhone 4S and would like at some point to get the correct "unit" to replace the one in there. I have had a look on eBay and found a few.

Like this one Audi Iphone 4/4s cradle | eBay

Is this all I need, to be to connect it and then use all the functions on the dash and in the sat nav screen etc etc?

thanks
Dave

Dieseldoos
01-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Mine is the same. I have not bothered to source the correct holder, but when I connected via bluetooth, I have complete control of my phone via the mmi/steering wheel.

I leave bluetooth on, but un-discoverable, and eveytime I get in the car now it auto connects.

I think all the cradle really does is hold and charge the phone.

The link didnt work for me, but as long as if its the one for your phone and car its plug and play so to speak.

Soot1e
01-04-2013, 03:27 PM
As described above, plug and play with control via steering wheel buttons. Cradle also charges phone and connects to external aerial for better reception.

Enders
01-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Cool thanks guys, that will save me some money. I have a cigarette charger for the phone anyway. So if that's the only thing with the cradle might as well just use the Bluetooth.

Thanks
dave

MojoTech
02-04-2013, 09:05 AM
I got this for my 4s and glad I did as I wasn't having much luck trying to get my phone set up neat and convenient. looks nice charges great reception is good

Audi iPhone Cradle 4/4s - 8T0051435F | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320898976848?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649)