PDA

View Full Version : 2 new Golfs in 10 weeks

Neil Ramsay
30-03-2013, 03:17 PM
This is the story of how I've managed to own 2 MK7 Golfs in 10 weeks.

As posted in other threads I bought a GT 2.0TDI DSG on launch weekend from showroom stock. It had metallic paint and climate control as options.
Unfortunately it also had some missing items, namely the folding mirrors etc.

I returned to the dealer the following day and was shown the VW dealer notification for this build error by an embarrassed sales manager. The initial offer of compensation was the official VW offer of £100 which I immediately rejected. I either wanted the correct parts fitted to mine or a new car with folding mirrors.

It soon became apparent that neither of those options was likely to happen and that I would have to settle for some enhanced compensation offer.

After a day of mulling over my choices I suggested a possible alternative, I would order a factory built car with the options I wanted and on arrival pay the difference for the options and swap the cars. By giving the dealer two registration and finance bonuses, combined with the profit on the options this allowed them to swallow the negative equity on the 1st car.

Now the very proud owner of a Tungsten Silver (changed the colour as well) with leather, xenon, park assist, climate, keyless entry and colour MFD.

Just a shame I couldn't string it out till the GTD became available.

Hopefully next time I'll avoid the impulse buy, only went out to Tesco for toilet roll.

mactrack
30-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Just got back from Tesco as well, and their luxury toilet roll was on offer, so given the choice which Xenons did you opt for? With or without LED DRLs?

Neil Ramsay
31-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Hi, no choice at time of order (mid Jan) so just the normal ones without LED DRL.

While I think they look amazing, not sure I would have paid the premium even if they had been available. Maybe if they chucked in proper dynamic cornering lights.

mactrack
31-03-2013, 02:07 PM
The near £1,200 price of Bi-Xenons with only LED DRLs extra and not even High-Beam Assist, let alone Dynamic Light Assist, is really taking the proverbial!