PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Passat tdi 2002 automatic 100 bhp

ezziza
30-03-2013, 06:19 AM
Hi guys. I am hoping that someone could help with some electrical problems that I am facing with the car. It is a uk car to avoid the confusion of passenger's or driver's side..Anyway, the passenger's window only work from the passenger's side switch, central lock including remote locking doesn't work on the passenger's side door nor the wing mirror. That was basically the first problem and it was there from when I bought the car a year a go. I tried to mend it by removing the carpet from the passenger's seat and checked the ccm and the wires which looked fine and dry apart from three wires that were previously repaired and when checked them there was no power going through them.. the wires were on the side where the side screw :the only one that needed unscrewing. Later on I moved to the driver's side and did the same but this time the carpet was slightly wet and the bundle of wires were wet but with no sign of damage and the auto transmission was dry. I unplugged it and plugged it and dried things a bit with a hair dryer (http://www.johnlewis.com/Electricals/Health+and+Personal+Care/Health+and+Personal+Care/Hair+Dryers/688/ProductCategory.aspx) then went on and took off the the door panel and checked the connections which looked fine.After that the key fob stopped working. All the switches on the driver's door don't work apart from the couple for central locking. What happened? no idea..i t is worth mentioning that I did not disconnect the battery when I started pugging and unplugging things.Now I am stuck and I can not even open the fuel cap..what do I do? Please help. Many thanks in advance

Doctle Odd
30-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Did you get a diagnostic scan?

ezziza
30-03-2013, 02:05 PM
No..no scan yet..bought the cheap Bluetooth scanner but was unable to connect it to my laptop.I drove the car this morning and suddenly the driver's windows worked but then stopped..

Doctle Odd
30-03-2013, 02:30 PM
The cheap Bluetooth scanner is OBD and therefore NWAF for VAG

DSG4ME
30-03-2013, 03:45 PM
This isn't a cure but try one by one removing and re-seating all the relays in the engine bay and in the dash, you could also do the same with the fuses, other than that you want a good auto leccy.

passat 130 tdi
30-03-2013, 04:41 PM
pull back the rubber seal on the door post , there are 1 or 2 multi plugs behind it that can work loose . happened on mine

caldirun
30-03-2013, 10:50 PM
For so many problems check the grounding connections, the ones with no power going through them!!