PDA

View Full Version : Spent the day with my mistress........

fat controller
28-03-2013, 08:46 PM
I think she might be related to Rhianna?

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/fatcontroller_2007/front-1_zps8c67abe7.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/fatcontroller_2007/Over_zps84b2a898.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x7/fatcontroller_2007/rear_zps417d9404.jpg

Shine bright like a diamond! Please forgive the tyre shine foam still drying on the tyres, I had to get the pics as I was about to head out to pick Mrs C up from work, and it is dark by the time I get back home.

All that started with me wanting to play with my new Nilfisk pressure washer. Dropped the wee one off at school, took Mrs C to work, then took myself shopping for pressure washer shampoo; ended up with polish and some new bonnets for my polisher as well, so when I got home I got tore in. Had to stop for a while to collect wee one from school, but once home I cracked on again until she was all prettied up.

Its not a perfect job (I will want to do it again properly when the weather warms up, but I don't think it looks bad for a few hours work?

PS - the Nilfisk pressure washer is a stunner in comparison to my old Karcher! Oh, and top tip for cleaning wheels - hot soapy water and a chunk of one of those magic eraser things (I nicked a lump that I found lurking in the kitchen) and the dirt comes off easier and better than it does with a brush.

Guest 2
28-03-2013, 08:57 PM
First proper pictures!

Looks excellent, roll on the summer for a proper slicking session!

Now you can use your new pressure washer on that dirty driveway! ;)

You should get Bilberry wheel cleaner and a EZ Wheel Brush to make cleaning your wheels even more easier!

I'll reply to your PM shortly, few things to sort out first!

fat controller
28-03-2013, 09:19 PM
No rush mate, I am not going anywhere.

The drive will need more than a pressure washer I'm afraid - that is it in pretty good nick believe it or not; you should have seen the state of it when we moved in! Trouble is, it sat unkempt for so many years (old dear lived here and her hubby died, and she couldn't cope with the garden etc) the stone is properly stained. We also seem to get a hell of a lot of dark muck build up on outdoor surfaces around here, which I think is oil & fuel residues from the planes (Heathrow is really close by), and that doesn't help one bit

Doctle Odd
28-03-2013, 09:44 PM
You can remove small oil spills from paving with Easy Start, I have no idea how I know this, but I did it last year (Mrs Odd was nagging) and it dissolved the oil so I could clean it. I don't know if it's healthy to use ??? The mistress looks the mutts nutts :You_Rock_

fat controller
28-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Thanks mate :)

I have such a massive area to cover, I would need bankrolling by the Mafia to be able to afford to clean it with Easy Start :biglaugh: - I've found that thick household bleach, poured on neat and scrubbed in with a deck scrubber then left for half an hour before hosing or pressure washing off does the trick - but, a 2L bottle of thick bleach doesn't go far, so its an expensive hobby (not least as we rent the place)

Doctle Odd
28-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Yes it's impractical apart from a spot or 2. My mother used to use stuff called cardinal red on the doorstep I doubt you can still get it tho but you could wash it with a mixture of water, cement and red dye applied with a deck scrubber. You'd need a warm dry day and I hear there's good weather coming to these Islands in 2017!